6 DIY Gifts That Would Be Perfect For Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

1. Bath Bombs​

Bath bombs are a great gift for a friend who LOVE to relax and take baths. They’re pretty easy to make and you can design them anyway you’d like! Here is an easy tutorial to get you started. 

2. Rag Rugs Rag rugs are so cute and would make an awesome gift for a friend. It does take time so try and set aside a day for this project. Like the bath bombs, you can make this using any color you’d like! Here is a video tutorial that will show you the process.

3. Wall Art 

If you have a friend who loves art, then this is the gift for them! It doesn’t take long to make and will require you to use a small painting (it can be damaged or an inexpensive one). Just find out what their favorite song or quote is and go from there. Here are the steps on how to make it. 

4. Map Photo Frames

Your friend who loves to travel will adore this gift. It doesn’t cost much to make and you’ll have enough to make a bunch of frames. Include a photo from their travels (or even a vacation you two took together) and you’re all set. Here is how to make this cool gift. 

5. Sharpie Mugs

You’ve probably have seen these everywhere. Sharpie mugs are awesome because they are inexpensive and you can use any design you’d like. You could also fill it with candy or a small treat when you gift it to your friend. Click here to see just how to make these awesome mugs. 

6. Braided Bead Necklace

This DIY is for those who are feeling really creative and has a friend who loves jewelry. It’ll probably cost you to buy all the supplies but the bright side is you’ll be able to make multiple necklaces! Also, you can shop at Michaels or Joann’s and they always have coupons. Click here for how to make this beautiful necklace.

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.