5 Upcoming Movies That Are Must See’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

We all can use a good movie to distract us from midterm week (andjust about every week of college). Sometimes, you get tired of scrolling through Netflix to find something that interests you and you can barely afford your local chinese food. I got you covered though; Five dollar Tuesdays at the Regal Movie theater on Elmwood Ave has just what you need – a cheap thrill that satisfies your budget. Here is a list of five movies that are going to be in theatres soon.

1. Get Out

Release Date: February 24th, 2017

Director: Jordan Peele

What’s it about?

In this horror movie, a young African-American man and his Caucasian girlfriend go to visit her parent’s house, whom have no idea about his race. He soon finds out that they have a dangerous secret that may end his life. It somehow talks about the Black Lives Matter movement while still having us on the edge of our seats. Just think about it – a supernatural scary movie about white people having a racist underground society.

2. All Eyez on Me

Release Date: November 11, 2016

Director: Benny Boom

What’s it about?

A biopic about rapper Tupac Shakur’s life and legacy. It includes his rise to fame as a rap artist and his brief acting career. It talks about him going to prison but also about how he touched the lives of many of his fans around the world. The movie also dives deep into possibly the most controversial beef in hip-hop history: the feud between East and West coast rappers.

3. Ouija: Origin of Evil

Release Date: October 21st, 2016

Director: Mike Flanagan

What’s it about?

A group of naïve friends eager to find out more about the Ouija board go to a place where they can never come back from that unleashes evil that they can’t send back. 

4. Passengers

Release Date: December 21st, 2016

Director: Morten Tyldum

What’s it about?

On a trip from space to a new planet, two passengers in the sleeping chambers get a rude awakening when they are awakened ninety years too soon. They then have to live their life on this spaceship with unlimited luxuries and begin to fall in love with one another.  Until the unthinkable happens, which poses great danger on everybody on the ship.

5. 50 Shades Darker

Release Date: February 10th, 2017

Director: James Foley

What’s it about?

The most anticipated movie everyone has been dying to see will be in theatres sooner than we thought. In the first part, 50 Shades of Grey left us wanting the lives of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. In the sequel, Christian Grey tries to capture back Anastasia’s heart once more but she demands one thing if he wants her back in his life.  As things are looking smooth for the both of them, a sketchy figure from Christian’s past comes back to destroy his relationship with Ana.

I am currently 19 years old and I attend Buffalo State College. My major is Fashion Textile Technology with a concentration in Fashion Merchandising.