The Sweet Alternative to Waxing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It is the week before your beach vacation that you’ve been waiting weeks for and everything is ready to go; you have your sunscreen packed, sunglasses cleaned and manicure and pedicure done. There is just only one thing left to do; the dreaded Brazilian. If you have ever gotten this wax, you know this treatment is neither cheap nor painless. Luckily, there is a new way to clean up and it is much more affordable, less painful, all natural and even something you can even do yourself at home. Sugaring is a new form of wax that is made from four simple ingredients; water, lemon juice, salt and sugar. While it seems that sugaring has just made its debut in the past few years, the treatment has actually been around for centuries. Sugaring is an ancient middle-eastern practice that uses organic ingredients to create a paste for hair removal. Since sugaring is all natural, it does not contain harmful chemicals that may irritate your skin.

Not only is sugaring better for your skin, it is also less painful than normal hard wax. The greatest part of all is that this wax is something you can easily make yourself at home to avoid the awkwardness of going to a salon. But if you do decide to venture out for the sugar wax, the treatment is almost half the price of a normal Brazilian. In addition to Brazilian waxes, sugaring can be used in place of all different types of waxing; eyebrow, lip, underarms, legs etc. So the verdict stands: waxing that is cheaper, less painful and all natural? Sounds like a sweet solution to us.