SEXIEST MAN ALIVE: Her Campus Bucknell Picks RYAN GOSLING

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

For those of you who don’t know, People Magazine chose Channing Tatum as 2012’s Sexiest Man Alive. Okay, we’ve all seen Step Up so we know Channing Tatum is good looking. But, what about Ryan Gosling? Come on … “The Notebook” and “Crazy, Stupid, Love?” There’s no competition in our minds. Ryan Gosling wins hand down and here’s why:

1. Raise your hand if you have seen “The Notebook”. Raise your hand if the thought of having a guy like Noah (Ryan Gosling) pine for you makes you weak in the knees? Are every girl’s hand raised? Thought so. Romantic and attractive! That’s the argument for Ryan right there. Who doesn’t melt when Noah tells Allie: “I want all of you, forever, everyday?”
  2. Raise your hand if you have seen “Crazy, Stupid, Love?” Can anyone object to the scene where Ryan Gosling takes his shirt off to reveal rock hard abs? Didn’t think so. Who wouldn’t want to stare at those all day? If those don’t qualify for the definition of Sexiest Man Alive, then what does? I can tell you that Ryan Gosling’s “Dirty Dancing” move from the movie would work for any girl on the Her Campus Bucknell staff.
  3. HELLO, HE IS SMOKING HOT! And he is humble about his hotness, which is so sexy. Nothing worse than a guy who is hot and knows it. He is so hot that I found tote bags online with his face printed on them! I may have ordered two or three …
  4. After doing some research online, I found out that he writes his own music and plays guitar in his free time. COME ON! Having a guy that can serenade you is one of the sexiest qualities ever in a man. Now imagine you are Allie and he is singing to you on the boat from “The Notebook … “

Do we have a new winner, ladies? I think so. 

Devin is a sophomore at Bucknell University. She is intending to be a Markets, Innovation and Design major in the School of Management, and is also pursuing a minor in Creative Writing. She can be found giving tours around campus, doing homework on the quad, or dancing in her apartment with her friends. Devin also writes for the HC Bucknell chapter, and loves all things Her Campus! Outside of school and HC, she enjoys playing sports, reading, singing, and trying new foods. In fact, her life motto is "eat dessert first." Devin is very excited to be the Management Intern at HC headquarters in Boston this summer!
Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!