Revamped 90’s Fashion Trends That Should Never Go Out of Style Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Sometimes, they just don’t work. The multicolored “Custom ID” converse that had “xoxo” and “wild child” printed all over them, Aeropostal’s graphic tees, and the infamous jeggings with faux pockets.

These were all early 2000’s trends that have seen better days. But, there are some trends that have recently come back into town for a visit with a new “glow up,” and, in my opinion, should stay a while.

Here are some revamped 90’s and early 2000’s trends that have taken 2017 by storm, and deserve to go from a “trend” to a “staple”.

The Choker

90’s

VS.

2017

The “Flatform” Sandal

90’s

VS.

2017

These sandals can be dressed up or down, and are such a comfortable alternative to heels or wedges!

High Wasted “Mom” Jeans

90’s

VS.  

2017

Lily is a first- year student at Bucknell University, from Baltimore, MD. She is the youngest of three children, with two older brothers who live in New York and Boston. She has two dogs, Cooper and Nellie, and if you meet her in person she has probably already shown you the thousands of pictures she has of them on her phone. Lily loves to sing and play guitar, is passionate about fashion and beauty, and is so excited to be a HerCampus writer for Bucknell!