Pilot SZN: New Drama TV Shows to Binge This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

As winter comes to an end, so do the TV shows we’ve been binge-watching. Thankfully, we have pilot season: a massive influx of new TV shows just asking for us to stay in bed a little longer. Don’t let your winter finale leave you in tears, because we have you covered with some new juicy time-consumers.

For those who like career dramas, or ‘Suits’:

For The People is the ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ for the aspiring lawyers of the world — a group of newbie attorneys go head to head in the Southern District Court of New York. It’s a classic showdown: shark-like government attorneys argue with hopeful public defenders on high profile cases, with emotions stirring both inside and outside the courtroom. With drama on and off the stand, For The People gives us a look into the lives of the ~relatable~ attorney elite. For The People plays on ABC: Tuesdays at 10pm.

For those who like real-time teen angst, or ‘Glee’ x ‘This Is Us’:

Rise is the next big life drama — a theater teacher in some small-town attempts to revive a group a drama students from the depths of high-school melodrama, eventually taking on the encouragement of the entire town. Rise gives us a taste of high school– ‘Glee’-style– while keeping it real with a ‘This is Us’ approach on inspiring, real-life struggles. Rise plays on NBC: Tuesday at 9pm.  

For those of us who like saving lives, or ‘Chicago Fire’:

Chicago Med has Chicago Fire, and now Grey’s Anatomy has Station 19 — a group of Seattle firefighters saving lives alongside our favorite Seattle doctors. Who doesn’t love a good firefighter-doctor duo? That pretty much says it all. Station 19 features all the drama that comes with the heat from a job like theirs. Station 19 plays on ABC: Thursday at 9pm.

For those who like a little crime-fightin’ detective work, or ‘White Collar’:

Deception is a new thing — a team of FBI agents team up with a famous illusionist to solve crimes. It’s not as cheesy as you’d think. There are big-time crimes, real illusions that explain the escapes, and even some fancy tricks to scheme the arrests. Some would say there is a budding romance between the head FBI agent and the illusionist himself, but I guess we’ll have to find out. Deception plays on ABC: Sunday at 10pm.