This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

When you think of oils, the first thing that probably comes to mind is that it is an invitation for disaster in terms of putting it on your body or face. However, recent beauty and health studies show that there are good oils on the market that help nourish and beautify your skin. People tend to think that we always have to get rid of oil. In reality, however, the more you try to remove, the harder your skin works to replace excess oil (which creates more oil). There are a lot of good oils out there that are effective antioxidants, such as Argan, passion fruit, and African Marula oils. The morning is the most beneficial time to apply a few drops onto clean skin, just before applying your foundation.

Additionally, oils help prevent irritation. Most people experience irritation caused by anti-aging ingredients. Specific oils that help heal irritated skin are Argan, yangu, and borage-seed oils.

You are probably confused and overwhelmed with all of this new information, so here is a list of the top three face and body oils!

Recommended Face Oils:

1. Darphin Chamomile Aromatic Care

This face oil has received great reviews. It is perfect to soothe, protect and restore your skin and natural luminosity. It is known for calming the visible redness on your skin and fighting your irritations and “blotchiness.”

2. Colbert M.D. Illumino Face Oil

This soothing face oil improves your skins natural tone, texture, and glow. It contains Retinol and Vitamin C.

3. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil

Contains oils that have been proven to hydrate skin for 24 hours. Proven to nourish skin and decrease roughness.

Recommended Body Oils:

1. Neutrogena Body Oil (Drugstore)

If you are not looking for something too fancy, your local drugstore will have Neutrogena’s  Body Oil.

2. Rodin olio Lusso Body Oil

This oil is typically applied right after a shower, while skin is still damp. It includes essential oils with nourishing vitamins.

3. Fresh

The Rice Dry Oil includes arnica, ginseng, and passionflower to help decrease inflammation and soothe your muscles. This oil is great after a workout or a stressful day.

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com