Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Features

20, Single, and Not Ready To Mingle?

By Kim Combatti
October 31, 2014 - 9:40pm

As we enter our 20s, we can’t help but think, so when exactly am I going to meet Mr. Right? When will we meet him? Will we ever met him?  Well, finding Mr. Right takes a little effort on our part. As much as we would love for him to be standing at our front door, tall, dark, and handsome with flowers in hand, we have a little work to do. READ MORE

Hey! It’s OK...: Homecoming Edition

By Margaret Hilton
October 31, 2014 - 9:25pm

Hey! It’s OK… …if you can’t believe Homecoming and Halloween overlap this year…
…but still be up to the challenge of successfully combining two awesomely separate weekends into one. …if you’ve agreed to let your fifteen favorite alums crash at your house over the weekend. Everyone will fit, right? They will bring their own food, toiletries, libations…right? …if this week’s coming visitors make you excited and terrified at the same time… …and if you end up having a dance floor make-out sesh with your old fling as if it’s freshman year again  READ MORE

Navigating the New Changes on Campus: A Letter to Alumni

By Bucknell Contributor
October 30, 2014 - 9:26pm

Dear Bucknell Alumni, As you have been changing the world, Bucknell has also been changing… from how you once knew it. How so, you ask? I’ll let you decide. Lets start from the bottom and work our way up. READ MORE

Networking with Alumni

By Julia Tompkins
October 28, 2014 - 10:11pm

The end of October means two things for Bucknellians: Halloween and Homecoming. From October 31st to November 2nd, Lewisburg will be flooded by a herd of elder bison. Homecoming Weekend is a great way to restore connections with old friends, but it is also a great way to meet new alumni and network. READ MORE

Porn is Hijacking Our Sexuality: Two collegiettes’ approach to growing pornographic violence

By Elizabeth Bacharach, Olivia Malvisi
October 27, 2014 - 4:32pm

This is more than just a tantalizing strip tease whose slow, seductive motions easily excite its viewer.  This is more than just a resulting hard-on from flips through a glossy Playboy.  This is more than just even Deepthroat’s “lesson” on pleasuring men through a Linda Lovelace allure--and technique.  This is the porn industry in the United States and its relatively recent revolution due to the Internet. READ MORE

“Non-Sexy” Halloween Costumes for Every Girl

By Jen Lassen
October 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s time yet again for girls to break out their brassieres, fishnet tights, and animal ears for the biggest theme party all year: Halloween night. But…wait a second. What about the girls who don’t want to dress as “sexy cops”? Where’s the aisle in Spirit Halloween labeled “non-sexy” Halloween costumes? Ladies, I’m right there with ya…and although that aisle is non-existent, it doesn’t mean you have to dress like Karen from Mean Girls as a “mouse…duh.” Check out these hilariously cool “non-sexy” costume ideas that you can DIY and totally rock this Halloween. READ MORE

The Upside of Mondays

By Margaret Hilton
October 20, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

The Trials and Tribulations of TMI

By Elizabeth Bacharach, Kate Jansen
October 16, 2014 - 4:40pm

In a recent interview with Rosie O’Donnell on “The View,” Lena Dunham dished on love, art, and her new novel Not That Kind of Girl.  In closing the discussion regarding her book’s dedication to both Nora Ephron and her boyfriend Jack Antonoff (lead guitarist for Fun), Dunham states, “It can be tough to share stuff that private, but I guess that’s what book dedications are for.”  In true journalist fashion, Rosie O’Donnell catches the bait and continues on the topic, one that has garnered a handful of criticism that surrounds Dunham: “A lot of people have accused you, as they've accused me, of the TMI.  That...we share too much; that we are...

New Kicks on the Block

By Kate Jansen
October 15, 2014 - 11:55am

Word on the street is that – just in time for Halloween, nonetheless – the ‘90s are coming back from the dead and in huge ways. And no, Mom, this doesn’t mean your fire-engine-red-shoulder-padded pantsuit with the matching kitten heels.  The year was 1999. We were on the brink of elementary school and we had all fallen hard for MK and Ash and their sense of style. Yes, at the ripe age of thirteen, the Olsen twins knew how to rock scrunchies, overalls, anything Velcro strap-ons and pumped-up Keds like nobody’s business. READ MORE

The Busy Syndrome

By Jennifer Mok
October 15, 2014 - 11:48am

A few days ago, I sat on my bed bawling on the phone with my mother. In the past 72 hours, I had accumulated a total of eight hours of sleep, eleven hours of classes, and another seven hours of meetings. I was exhausted – physically and mentally. I desperately needed rest but had so much to accomplish. But here’s the kicker. I wasn’t crying about the amount of work I had. READ MORE