Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Features

Summertime’s Hinge Binge

By Elizabeth Bacharach, Margaret Hilton
September 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

For better or worse, today’s world is full of social media sites and apps designed to romantically--or in some cases physically--connect two people who otherwise would not have crossed paths.  Ranging from websites like eHarmony and Match.com to apps such as Tinder and OKCupid, matchmaking has become an industry in and of itself. As much as we all love The Notebook, most women are pretty certain they won’t bump into their prince charming next to the Ferris wheel at a country fair. Neither of us had dabbled with any virtual matchmaking apps, but when friends of ours were baffled that we had never heard of Hinge, we decided to check it out and see what all the talk was about. Our thoughts? READ MORE...

What’s New with Bucknell Dining

By Jen Lassen
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

A new academic year means new changes at the Buck. From comfy new chairs in the Library Couch Room, to flashy new television screens and game tables at Uptown, to a brand-spankin’ new residence hall in the works…change is happening like never before. But amidst all this change, what’s really on everyone’s mind? Food. The Bison, Bostwick Marketplace, 7th Street Café, and The Flying Bison (Flyson?) recently decided to shake things up with new food, new hours, and new nutrition options. Check ’em all out…and, of course, bon appetite!   NEW FOOD: READ MORE

Human vs. Image

By Amanda Relick
August 20, 2014 - 2:33pm

Images.  Open a magazine, turn on the TV, go on the Internet, and they are staring us right in the face. READ MORE

Can Girls and Guys Be Friends (Without Hooking Up)?

By Kim Combatti
August 13, 2014 - 1:36pm

Short answer: yes.  Psychologists, sociologists and communications experts all agree that in today’s world, guys and girls definitely can be just friends. READ MORE

Falling for Love at First Sight

By Amanda Relick
July 4, 2014 - 1:44pm

READ MORE

Gabby's Two Cents on (Hobby Lobby) Events

By Gabby DeRosa
July 1, 2014 - 4:52pm

On Monday, June 30th, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, allowing private for-profit companies to opt out of the federal health law’s contraceptive coverage requirement based on religious objections. This ruling ignited political debate mainly between pro-choice and pro-life masses. READ MORE

Beach Body Beginnings: Pre and Post Workout Meals

By Julia Tompkins
June 30, 2014 - 10:51am

Summer means the beach. The beach means bikinis. Bikinis mean working out. Fueling your body properly is imperative to reaching your fitness goals. Often underestimated, what you eat before and after your workout is more important than how long you lasted on the elliptical. READ MORE

Thing We Will Miss Most This Summer About Bucknell

By Bucknell Contributor

Five Ways to Stay Fit During Your 9 to 5 Internship

By Kaitlin Ulker
May 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer is right around the corner and many of you are about to work for eight-hour periods in a fancy office for the first time, performing various tasks or staring at a computer screen. How does one manage to stay fit after so many long, dreadful hours? Working for eight hours is tiring as it is, and running on a treadmill is probably the last thing on your mind. Well, here are a few tips for staying fit this summer! READ MORE

We Did It

By Blair Francke
May 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

Each year, Bucknell Student Callers reach out to alumni and ask them to contribute a donation to the annual one-day Annual Fund giving challenge. This year, on April 24, Bucknell reached its goal more than five times over! According to Bucknell’s website, “this year’s theme was “$250K in a Day.” The Bucknell Board of Trustees pledged $50,000 for every 250 gifts made to the Annual Fund on April 24, up to a total of $250,000 for 1,250 donors.” Bucknellians all over the world in Australia, Europe, Asia and Africa were contacted to participate in the challenge. As the day went on and Bucknellians continued to donate, President Bravman and his wife, Professor Wendelin Wright, pledged $10,000 if the Annual Fund team reached 2,500 donors....