Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Features

“Non-Sexy” Halloween Costumes for Every Girl

By Jen Lassen
October 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s time yet again for girls to break out their brassieres, fishnet tights, and animal ears for the biggest theme party all year: Halloween night. But…wait a second. What about the girls who don’t want to dress as “sexy cops”? Where’s the aisle in Spirit Halloween labeled “non-sexy” Halloween costumes? Ladies, I’m right there with ya…and although that aisle is non-existent, it doesn’t mean you have to dress like Karen from Mean Girls as a “mouse…duh.” Check out these hilariously cool “non-sexy” costume ideas that you can DIY and totally rock this Halloween. READ MORE

The Upside of Mondays

By Margaret Hilton
October 20, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

The Trials and Tribulations of TMI

By Elizabeth Bacharach, Kate Jansen
October 16, 2014 - 4:40pm

In a recent interview with Rosie O’Donnell on “The View,” Lena Dunham dished on love, art, and her new novel Not That Kind of Girl.  In closing the discussion regarding her book’s dedication to both Nora Ephron and her boyfriend Jack Antonoff (lead guitarist for Fun), Dunham states, “It can be tough to share stuff that private, but I guess that’s what book dedications are for.”  In true journalist fashion, Rosie O’Donnell catches the bait and continues on the topic, one that has garnered a handful of criticism that surrounds Dunham: “A lot of people have accused you, as they've accused me, of the TMI.  That...we share too much; that we are...

New Kicks on the Block

By Kate Jansen
October 15, 2014 - 11:55am

Word on the street is that – just in time for Halloween, nonetheless – the ‘90s are coming back from the dead and in huge ways. And no, Mom, this doesn’t mean your fire-engine-red-shoulder-padded pantsuit with the matching kitten heels.  The year was 1999. We were on the brink of elementary school and we had all fallen hard for MK and Ash and their sense of style. Yes, at the ripe age of thirteen, the Olsen twins knew how to rock scrunchies, overalls, anything Velcro strap-ons and pumped-up Keds like nobody’s business. READ MORE

The Busy Syndrome

By Jennifer Mok
October 15, 2014 - 11:48am

A few days ago, I sat on my bed bawling on the phone with my mother. In the past 72 hours, I had accumulated a total of eight hours of sleep, eleven hours of classes, and another seven hours of meetings. I was exhausted – physically and mentally. I desperately needed rest but had so much to accomplish. But here’s the kicker. I wasn’t crying about the amount of work I had. READ MORE

Bucknell Concert Committee: Behind the Scenes

By Blair Francke
October 14, 2014 - 3:32pm

Jaaason Deruloooo. Pretty soon, Bucknellians will be able to hear live the pop star infamously sing his own name in that tone you all know so well. On October 25th, 2014, co-headliners Jason Derulo and Chance the Rapper will perform at the Gerhard Fieldhouse.  With big performers such as these, many Bucknell students wonder how the Bucknell Concert Committee is able to select big artists to come to our school and how they are chosen. As a member of the Concert Committee, I have a “behind the scenes” look at the process. READ MORE

Fall TV Guide

By Bucknell University
October 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

In all the hype over the return of fall television, the ladies of Her Campus Bucknell each shared what show they’re most looking forward to and what you, as a potential viewer, can expect from these prime-time pieces. READ MORE

Five Things to Talk About at LIT Night

By Olivia Malvisi
October 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

How to Play Plaid This Fall

By Grace Nicolia
October 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Fall 2014 is mad for plaid! This classic pattern instantly goes from preppy to posh when styled with the right couture. Play this it-print by the trends for all your favorite activities this fall! Here are a few ways to play plaid chic.   1. Wear this bold pattern with basic bottoms. Whether with your skinniest-jeans or a classic black circle skirt and tights, a plaid top and solid bottom is ultra chic. Pair it with a cute pair of flats or booties and strut your stuff!   READ MORE

The Bucknell Bar Crawl: Market Street Guide

By Louise Peterson
October 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

If you are a lucky member of the student body who is of age, you will have realized by now that the bar scene here at Bucknell is lacking compared to what your friends have at big state schools and city campuses. Despite the small selection, there are a few spots along Market Street that you must go to. Starting from the bridge, I’m going to break down Market Street so you and your friends can plan the ultimate Bucknell Bar Crawl.   1. Brasserie Louis READ MORE