Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell News

Taking Festival Fashion to Class

By Amanda Relick
April 16, 2014 - 11:00am

With summertime right around the corner comes the promise of tons of amazing music festivals.  Festival fashion has become a major trend for summer style, and while the adorable crop tops and tiny jean shorts are perfect for concerts, how can we make this trend part of our everyday style on campus?  Here are a few tips for embracing the free-spirited festival style while still looking appropriate for class.  READ MORE

Not All Calories Are Created Equal: The truth behind calories, and why we should stop worrying so much about them

By Kate Osman
April 15, 2014 - 9:49pm

Calories: we cut them, count them, and often times obsess over them. But many people don’t at all understand calories- and why they’re not the most important thing to consider in our diets. READ MORE

Boston Strong: America’s Comeback

By Gabby DeRosa
April 15, 2014 - 9:43pm

April 21, 2014 will be a historically legendary day for the people of Massachusetts, Boston residents, runners, and Americans at large. This date marks the 118th edition of the Boston Marathon, an event that is now dear to our hearts. It is hard to forget what happened just a year ago on April 15, 2013 when two consecutive bombs exploded near the finish line, killing three spectators and injuring 264 others. It was a moment of shock and devastation as many of us questioned how this could happen in our great nation. READ MORE

Most Embarrassing Moment of this Year

By Bucknell Contributor

Is Stress Making Me…Ugly?

By Julia Tompkins
April 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

With academics, extracurricular activities, Greek life, relationships, and typical day- to-day stressors, life at Bucknell isn’t always a breeze. Time management skills and relaxation techniques don’t come very easily to all of us, and it’s often difficult to cope with stress. Not only is overwhelming yourself with stress detrimental to your productivity, it may also affect your appearance. Here are several key indicators of extreme stress, and how you can remediate it:     What You’re Doing to Your Skin READ MORE

"The Buck-et" List: what's #1 on your list?

By Bucknell Contributor

10 Items You Must Have Before Graduating

By Kaitlin Ulker
April 6, 2014 - 3:34pm

Don’t know what you want as a graduation present? Here are some go-to items you may need to purchase before graduation and entering the real world. 1.  Grown-Up Bag   Having a big bag is essential. You need something that can carry your laptop/iPad, paper, makeup, water, and food. Put it this way, the more items you can fit without it being a hassle to carry, the better.   2.  Everyday Lipstick READ MORE

Your Restaurant Guide to Market Street

By Louise Peterson
April 5, 2014 - 9:00am

Spring is just around the corner, and the good weather gives you not just an excuse to be outside, but an excuse to walk into downtown Lewisburg, as well. Take the opportunity to get a meal off-campus and enjoy some of the dining options that Market Street has to offer. For those of you who have less experience with dining in town, here’s what you need to know:  READ MORE

March Madness Recap

By Hilary Glassman
April 4, 2014 - 6:08pm

The name pretty much says it all: madness.  So many games, so many teams (some no one’s even heard of before…). Sweet 16, elite eight, final four. It’s certainly hard to keep track of it all, especially once your bracket is pretty much a wash, which happens to the best of us. Now we’re down to the final four. Here’s who’s playing who and some other important info on the teams playing this weekend.   April 5 6:09 PM (eastern time)
1Florida Gators vs. 7Connecticut Huskies University of Florida READ MORE

Guide to Spring Flings

By Bucknell Contributor
April 3, 2014 - 10:35am

With the start of the new season and the weather heating up, some of us girls have caught spring fever. You’ve recently been hanging out (moreover, hooking up) with this guy, and you’re having a lot of fun. But the calendars have already hit April, and if you haven’t felt it already, you are sure feeling it now – the school year is coming to a close. None of us want to face what this inevitably means for our love lives. So, what’s a girl to do? READ MORE