Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell News

Falling for Love at First Sight

By Amanda Relick
July 4, 2014 - 1:44pm

READ MORE

Gabby's Two Cents on (Hobby Lobby) Events

By Gabby DeRosa
July 1, 2014 - 4:52pm

On Monday, June 30th, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, allowing private for-profit companies to opt out of the federal health law’s contraceptive coverage requirement based on religious objections. This ruling ignited political debate mainly between pro-choice and pro-life masses. READ MORE

Beach Body Beginnings: Pre and Post Workout Meals

By Julia Tompkins
June 30, 2014 - 10:51am

Summer means the beach. The beach means bikinis. Bikinis mean working out. Fueling your body properly is imperative to reaching your fitness goals. Often underestimated, what you eat before and after your workout is more important than how long you lasted on the elliptical. READ MORE

Thing We Will Miss Most This Summer About Bucknell

By Bucknell Contributor

Five Ways to Stay Fit During Your 9 to 5 Internship

By Kaitlin Ulker
May 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer is right around the corner and many of you are about to work for eight-hour periods in a fancy office for the first time, performing various tasks or staring at a computer screen. How does one manage to stay fit after so many long, dreadful hours? Working for eight hours is tiring as it is, and running on a treadmill is probably the last thing on your mind. Well, here are a few tips for staying fit this summer! READ MORE

We Did It

By Blair Francke
May 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

Each year, Bucknell Student Callers reach out to alumni and ask them to contribute a donation to the annual one-day Annual Fund giving challenge. This year, on April 24, Bucknell reached its goal more than five times over! According to Bucknell’s website, “this year’s theme was “$250K in a Day.” The Bucknell Board of Trustees pledged $50,000 for every 250 gifts made to the Annual Fund on April 24, up to a total of $250,000 for 1,250 donors.” Bucknellians all over the world in Australia, Europe, Asia and Africa were contacted to participate in the challenge. As the day went on and Bucknellians continued to donate, President Bravman and his wife, Professor Wendelin Wright, pledged $10,000 if the Annual Fund team reached 2,500 donors....

What Should I Wear? - Summer Internship Edition

By Louise Peterson
May 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

For many of us, the month of May will be used to stock up on outfits for summer internships. To prepare for the shopping sprees ahead, we’ve demystified the differences between business casual and business formal, so you know exactly what to buy.   Business Formal a.k.a. Business Professional READ MORE

Rewind: Gabby’s Two Cents on Current Events

By Gabby DeRosa
May 4, 2014 - 11:11am

Government Pushes Colleges to Combat Sexual Assault President Obama created a task force this year in order to combat the issues of sexual assault and rape on college campuses. The force has created a comprehensive list that includes certain steps colleges must follow when dealing with sexual assault. The list includes anonymous surveys about sexual assault cases, anti-assault policies that have been considered successful at other universities and ensuring that the reports of such crimes are attended to immediately and remain confidential. READ MORE

If you were to have any Superpower, what would it be and why?

By Bucknell Contributor

Mastering Spring Makeup

By Amanda Relick
April 29, 2014 - 4:55pm

With the long and dreary Bucknell winter finally coming to a close, some much needed color has arrived back on campus.  As finals seem to be closing in fast, makeup may be the last thing on our minds.  However, here are some fun—and easy!—tips to help you look as beautiful as the weather during these last few weeks of school.  READ MORE