Migos & Cheat Codes: 10 Things You Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

In case you haven’t heard, hip hop trio Migos and DJ trio Cheat Codes are both coming to Bucknell’s campus on Saturday, November 11. Bucknell’s Concert Committee consistently brings in some of the biggest and best artists in the music scene, and this year is no exception. Want to learn a little bit more about the two acts before the big day? Keep reading.

1. The members of Migos are related. The group consists of three guys: Quavo (26), Offset (25), and Takeoff (22). Quavo is Offset’s cousin and Takeoff is Quavo’s nephew, and they all grew up together.

2. The group was called “Polo Club” before the name got switched to Migos, a shortened version of the three amigos.

3. Migos has been credited with the creation of the dab.

4. Offset recorded megahit “Bad and Boujee” by himself, at home in his basement.

5. Offset just recently proposed to female rap sensation Cardi B.

6. Cheat Codes consists of Kevin Ford, Matthew Russell, and Trevor Dahl, who started the group.

7. Trevor was originally an LA-based solo act called Plug in Stereo.

8. The name of the group comes from Kevin’s brother, who believed he’d found the “cheat code” to getting anything you want in life – loving whatever it is you do.

9. The group has only been around for roughly two years, but they’ve since occupied top slots on the pop charts and even toured with The Chainsmokers.

10. The Bucknell Migos and Cheat Codes concert will take place on Saturday, November 11 at 8 PM at the Sojka Pavilion. SEE YOU THEN!