This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

After seeing Thought Police perform for what felt like the hundredth time at the “Back the Bison Tailgate,” Her Campus Bucknell knew just who to feature.  Collegiettes, meet the boys of Thought Police. 

But first a little bit of background: Thought Police was born within the acoustically-friendly freshman dorm rooms back in January 2012 by Jake Perlmutter and Andrew Kilman after they met at John Legend’s performance and realized they had a class together. Jake and Andrew were lonely musicians who wanted to express themselves musically, and it turned out their voices blended kind of well. Sam Carey, one of the most famous bassists of the 21st century, decided to forgo a solo career and joined Jake and Andrew after realizing he loved Dispatch almost as much as they did. Ryan Sindelar, a notorious ladies’ man, agreed to play drums for the band after his audition for John Mayer’s band went poorly. Thought Police combines Sweet Crosby, Stills, & Nash-like harmonies with killer riffs a la Tame Impala, Led Zeppelin, John Mayer, Dispatch, Dawes, and Red Hot Chili Peppers influence – their performances are always great shows to watch. Thought Police has played at Garcia’s at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY, Smiling Chameleon, the “Back the Bison Tailgate,” Fall Fest 2014, Jack Wills in Martha’s Vineyard, 7th Street Cafe, and Uptown Night Club. The band released their debut EP titled Ministry of Groove in July 2014, which is now available for the world’s ears on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, Google Play, Amazon, and more.

See the full interviews HERE

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com 
Margaret is a senior at Bucknell University majoring in psychology and economics. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus Bucknell, a member of the women's squash team, and spent last semester abroad in Rome. She loves all kinds of music from Michael Buble to old-school hip hop, Kiawah Island (SC), Oprah magazine, crossword puzzles and going out to leisurely weekend brunches with her friends.