Meet: Marissa Weiss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Hometown: Chicago, ILMajor: Markets, Innovation, and DesignClass Year: 2017 (I’m practically washed up at this point)

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do on campus. I am an Ambassador to the Office of Admissions (fancy way to say “tour guide”), Social Media Manager of The Bucknellian, a member of Delta Gamma, VP of Community Service and Philanthropy on Panhellenic Council, and a student member of the Community Conduct Board. When I’m not in class or in meetings in the Student Space, I like to spend my time actually sleeping.

2. How did you become involved with the Dance Marathon? Taking on my position in Panhel meant continuing the Dance Marathon (this is only Bucknell’s 2nd annual!), and I am so excited to see how we can build off of last year’s event to make it not only an entertaining night but also a successful one, allowing us to reach our fundraising goal of $30,000.

3. As co-chair of the Dance Marathon, what are your goals for this year? As co-chair, I’m really looking forward to establishing the Dance Marathon as a Bucknell tradition by developing a long-lasting partnership with Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital and Children’s Miracle Network. I hope the Dance Marathon will foster these relationships, while providing a venue for Bucknell students from different organizations around campus to come together for the benefit of a common cause.

4. Tell us something that not a lot of people know about you. I spotted The Fat Jewish in a restaurant in NYC last winter and proceeded to approach his table, sit and chat with his friends for 30 minutes, and eventually invite him on my spring break trip to Punta Cana that I was leaving for the following day. I’ve never gotten more screenshots of a snapstory in my young life. 

Fast Facts:Things you love: I love the Chicago Blackhawks, and big shocker here, I love donutsFavorite Dance Move: Think Kevin James in Hitch…I’ll be whipping those out on Nov. 7th 7pm-12amSoundcloud or Spotify? Soundcloud 100pOne thing on your Bucknell bucket list: Streak the quad (#mod30goals)

What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.