Meet: Danielle Taylor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Name: Danielle TaylorMajor: Sociology (Legal Studies Minor), Pre-LawHometown: Boston, MAPosition(s) on campus: Currently, I am a Speak Up Bucknell Peer Educator, a Staff Writer for the Bucknellian, and Vice President of the Class of 2017. This year, I was also granted the opportunity to be an OA for the Class of 2019 (Shout out to Smith 2A)!

1. Tell us about yourself. I am Danielle Monique Taylor. I believe Black Lives Matter. I consider myself a natural hair and seafood enthusiast. I love basketball, Netflix, sneakers, iced coffee, pumpkin cheesecake, and all things pertaining to the 90s. My biggest dream has always been to be a member of Destiny’s Child (yes, I’m serious). #HillmanCollegeAlumni #FeeltheBern2016 #BadBoySusquehannaDivision #MileyWhatsGood

2. How have POSSE, Student Government AND being an OA benefited your experience at Bucknell? How do you manage taking on all those roles?Both BSG and being an OA have been instrumental in shaping the way I view Bucknell. I was fortunate enough to join BSG last semester, at a time where it really seemed, at least to me, to be working towards some positive changes. At the time, I was also Vice President of the Black Student Union (BSU) and we were gearing up for one of our largest events – Black Arts Festival. I loved the way that BSG stepped in, helped us advertise, attended events, and just showed a huge amount of support. As odd as it might sound, I was also fortunate enough to be on BSG when the radio incident occurred. The congress meeting after it happened was a very serious one and it was amazing to sit in a room with 50 or 60 people and just begin to bounce ideas off of each other on how we should respond. The desire for change was evident and even though we have an all-new congress this year, that desire is still there. It’s cool to discuss change but it is absolutely amazing, and I am so grateful, to be where it is actually happening.

Being an OA definitely changed my life. I stepped out on a limb when I applied and even after I was accepted, I wasn’t completely sure if I could be one of those people in the orange shirts, screaming at the top of their lungs and shaking their booties. Anyone who knew me when I was a first year would have probably been equally as unsure! It was certainly a big step for me but I gained so much. I met so many people that I otherwise, probably wouldn’t have and it was just an absolutely amazing experience. I looooooooove my O-babies! They are amazing! They embody the best of Bucknell and I could never thank them enough for all that they have given me. 

Also, I never would have survived without the GREATEST O-PARTNER EVER- Kendall O’Brien, you’re the best!

Posse is a little bit different. Posse is my scholarship, it is the reason I am here at Bucknell. I love my Posse (Boston Posse 7), tremendously, because they are the constant variable. Even if I was never an OA or I was never on BSG or Speak Up, or anything- I would still always have them. 

I take every day as it comes and drink a lot of coffee. 

3. Which is your favorite and why? Posse- because it is not really something I would say that I am involved in, it is a part of who I am. If it were not for Posse, I am not sure if I could be doing all of the other things I have been blessed to do. 

Fast facts:

1. To Freez or not to Freez: Of course! I love ice… cream. 
  2. Instagram or Snapchat: Instagram
  3. Favorite spot to nap on campus: My bed!