Meet: Annelise Orgeur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Photo Credit: Julie Louisa Hagenbuch

Hometown:

Tours, France.

Reason for coming to Bucknell:

I am part of a teaching assistant program.

Major:

In France, I am doing a masters in Education, at Bucknell I have been taking Women and Gender studies courses.

Tell us about yourself:

I was born and raised in Tours, I graduated in English, I have a younger brother, my mother is an economics teacher and I am working towards being a French teacher abroad.

Why did you come to Bucknell?

I came to Bucknell because the program offered fantastic living conditions and a great first teaching environment in a country I have always been drawn to.

What are you up to on Bucknell’s campus?

I am part of the international community, I attend plays, movies, conferences, concerts and parties for international students.

What will you take away from your experience at Bucknell?

I am so very grateful for the knowledge and perspectives the Women and Gender Studies classes have brought me, I am also glad to have been teaching French to great groups of students on such an extended period of time, it has definitely taught me more about pedagogical methods and has participated in giving me confidence.

What do you want to do with the last few months in America at Bucknell?

Spend time with all the wonderful people I have had a chance to meet, attend more events maybe.

How is Lewisburg different from Tours?

Lewisburg is way smaller than Tours but probably has just as much energy. It is a very pleasant rural town/area that I have really enjoyed touring.

Fun Facts: Favorite American Food, Biggest Pet Peeve, Little Known Fact, Favorite Place to Nap on Campus

My favorite American food is the very not French French toast, biggest pet peeve would be chewing gum loudly, a little known fact would be that I play guitar and sing and my dorm room is my favorite place to nap on campus (or the benches on the quad when the sun is high).

My name is Kathleen McGivern and I am student at Bucknell University. I love studying history and going on adventures in the outdoors.