March Madness Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The name pretty much says it all: madness.  So many games, so many teams (some no one’s even heard of before…). Sweet 16, elite eight, final four. It’s certainly hard to keep track of it all, especially once your bracket is pretty much a wash, which happens to the best of us. Now we’re down to the final four. Here’s who’s playing who and some other important info on the teams playing this weekend.

April 5

6:09 PM (eastern time) 1Florida Gators vs. 7Connecticut Huskies

University of Florida

Where: Gainesville, FLMascot: GatorsMarch Madness Journey: The Florida Gators beat UCLA by 11 points in the Sweet 16 match-up and then defeated Dayton 62-52 in the Elite Eight.

University of Connecticut

Where: Storrs, CT

Mascot: Huskies

March Madness Journey: UConn beat Iowa St. by 5 in the Sweet 16 and went on to beat Michigan St. 60-54 in the Elite Eight.

8:49 PM (eastern time)2Wisconsin Badgers vs. 8Kentucky Wildcats

University of Wisconsin

Where: Madison, WIMascot: BadgersMarch Madness Journey: The Badgers trampled Baylor in the Sweet 16 69-52 and won their Elite Eight game in a nail biter against Arizona 64-63.

University of Kentucky

Where: Lexington, KYMascot: WildcatsMarch Madness Journey: The Wildcats beat Louisville by 5 points in the Sweet 16 and went on to beat Michigan by 3 in the Elite Eight.