Listen to This: Summer Playlist Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Summer and music go together just about as well as PB and J: there’s nothing more than warm weather that makes you want to listen to something that sounds just as good as the sunshine feels. Whatever your plans are for the summer, try these Pandora radio suggestions that are bound to brighten already-sunny days:

If you’re going on a road trip: summer road trips require the right amount of upbeat tunes to keep you excited and awake. The Hip Hop Road Trip station includes pump-up music from the likes of Nelly, Notorious B.I.G. and Jay-Z to get you wherever you’re going.

If you’re soaking up sun at the beach: The only thing better than sunshine and sand is the perfect playlist to go along with it. Try discovering some summer classics with Pandora’s Surf Rock radio: the Beach Boys and other classic American rock n’ roll tunes will make lazy days at the beach even more enjoyable. And as an added bonus, you might just realize you share a taste in music with your parents, too.

If you’re doing the working-girl thing: Spending your summer being productive working or interning is commendable- give yourself a pat on the back for making the most of your break- but don’t worry if you feel like the time you spent working means you’re missing out on all the other wonderful things about summer: the right music will put you in a good mood and make your workdays seem less tedious. Try throwbacks for an insta-mood booster: Plug in Summer Hits of the 90s into Pandora and enjoy the golden days of Britney and Boyz II Men which are bound to make your workdays a little happier.

Or if you’re just working out: If you’re using the free time you have in the summer to get in shape, try Pandora’s Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout station to motivate you as you’re hitting the gym: pumped up jams from the likes of Usher and P!nk will help you reach your fitness goals this summer.

Late nights in the summer are practically what music was invented for. The perfect mixture of upbeat, feel-good tunes will only make it that much better.

If you don’t already love country- America’s most popular genre of music- get yourself acquainted with Pandora’s Country Pop station: it’s the perfect mix for tailgates or late-night summer drives.