Last Minute Spring Break Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Choosing an affordable and fun spring break destination can be tricky, especially if you’re booking it at the last minute. You want to find good prices on airfare and hotels, yet still want to have a high-quality experience. To help you narrow it down, here are some places in the U.S. worth checking out! All of these places are known for their warm weather, nightlife, and entertainment…

1. Fort Lauderdale, FL

Fort Lauderdale is a beautiful city on the southeastern coast of Florida, most commonly known for its boating canals and lush beaches. With plenty of glam restaurants, bars, and hotels, you’re sure to have a great time. Flights (if you’re departing from the east coast) range from roughly $150-$250 right now, so it’s worth booking soon!

2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Myrtle Beach is a city on South Carolina’s Atlantic coast; it’s known for golf, old-fashioned restaurants, and 60-mile succession of beaches. If you decide to go there, definitely check out the amusement park and ferris wheels for a classy, timeless experience.

3. Atlantic City, NJ

Atlantic City is well-known for its casinos, beaches, and Boardwalk. This city is full of lofty hotels and glitzy nightclubs and restaurants. If you’re looking for the ‘Vegas’ of the east coast, definitely check out Atlantic City!

4. Daytona Beach, FL

Daytona Beach is very easy to get to by car or by plane; it connects with two interstate highways and even has its own airport. Hotels, restaurants, and food are very affordable. All-inclusive packages start a $329 if you book your trip with a group!

5. South Padre Island, Texas

South Padre Island is a warm resort town located on the coastal tip of Texas. With 34 miles of beaches and blue water, you’re sure to feel welcome on this tropical island.

What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.