HC Senior Spotlight: Sarah Forer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Name: Sarah Forer

Hometown: Lower Merion, PA

Post-grad town: I’ll get back to you on that.

Major(s): Psychology and Education

HC Position(s): Head of PR/Marketing & staff writer

The Basics:

Favorite book: So B. It

Favorite movie: The Parent Trap

Favorite store: Urban Outfitters

Favorite food place in Lewisburg: Amami (basic IK)

Favorite spot on campus: Quad in front of the lib

Favorite Class at Bucknell: Tie between PSYC 209 & RELI 110

Campus Activities: Lewisburg Listening Post, Committee for Dining & Student Life, Srat

Campus Posse: Honestly like 5 people… you know who you are

General Interests: Listening to music, artistic things and being around kiddos!

Little Known Fact: The summer camp I went to as a kid is the one in the Parent Trap!

The one thing that got you through your four years at Bucknell: Knowing that there are professors and other people who are willing and ready to be there for you, if YOU take the initiative to reach out and ask for help.

HC questions:

When did you join Her Campus? Freshman year fall

Favorite article you’ve written for HC Bucknell?  REALLY hard to choose but I think I’m gonna have to go with the Psychology Behind Perceptions of Body Image

Describe HC Bucknell in 3 words: Creative, Positive & Fun

Some parting thoughts… 

What has been your favorite thing about being a part of Her Campus Bucknell?  I have loved being a part of such an incredible, smart and talented group of women on this campus! During the fall of my freshman year I felt completely lost. When I had HC meetings to go to on Monday afternoons and articles to write and discuss, I felt like I had a purpose. HC Bucknell has been such a wonderful, positive part of my Bucknell experience.

What has been the biggest surprise of your Bucknell experience? Just how challenging these past four years have been. It’s easy to say that “college is the best four years of your life” but to be honest, I think this statement could not be further from the truth. My college experience was nothing like I expected it to be, and although it was a hard, I definitely learned a lot about myself throughout my time here.

What are your post-grad plans? I’ll let you know when I finally know! But actually… hoping to work with children in a counseling/mental health setting in a city on the East Coast.

What advice do you have for the next generation of collegiettes? Don’t be afraid to ask for help, seek help and be honest with yourself and those who care for you around you that you need support when times get hard. Attempting to do it all “on your own” isn’t always the best way to do things. It’s important to give help and receive help and I think that can easily be forgotten in the whirlwind of college.

Any last words? HCXO!