This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Being as un-athletic as I am, going to the gym is the ultimate inner struggle. And even after getting there, forcing myself to stay longer than the ten minute cycle on the bike and five minutes spent lying on the mat pretending to do abs is even more challenging. So, the key to my gym routine? Great music.

It’s no surprise that a playlist can make or break an experience at the gym. Music and working out go hand in hand, giving you the motivational pump up you need as you sprint that last mile or lift those weights (2lb. weights for me, please). At the same time, finding a perfect mix of songs doesn’t always come easily. Too slow and you find yourself asleep, but too loud or fast, and you can find yourself wanting to rip out your ear phones and sprint right back home.

I only recently stumbled across a life-changing Pandora station, “Summer Hits of the 90’s.” All I can say is that the 90’s got it right. Whether it be the upbeat rhythms, brilliant variety and diversity, or the epic grunge rock feel, 90s songs are arguably some of the greatest music ever produced, all of which happen to go great with working out. How convenient!

So strap on those workout shoes, head over the gym, and bring back some childhood memories as this list of some of my favorites from the 90s bumps out of your headphones and gives you much needed inspiration.

https://8tracks.com/hcbucknell/ultimate-90s-playlist

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com