Get Outta Town! Five Great Places to Escape the Burg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

As much as we all love being on campus, sometimes it’s nice to escape the Bucknell bubble and check out the surrounding areas of Lewisburg!  The next time you need an excuse to get out of town, try one of these five places out!

1. The Kind Café

If you’re trying to get out of town but your inner self is still craving Amami…you’re in luck!   The Kind Café in Selinsgrove (~20 minutes from campus) is owned by Amami and it’s bigger and better!  The café is definitely larger and there are a few more items on the menu.  Try it out for your next Sunday morning brunch!

1. Lisa’s Milltown Deli

Next on the list is Lisa’s Milltown Deli!  Only a ten-minute ride away, Lisa’s serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it is known for its amazing lobster mac n’ cheese and delicious baked French tomato soup.  Lisa’s is definitely one of my favorites because all of the food tastes so homemade, and the atmosphere is very comfortable!

1. Ichiban Japanese Restaurant

In Williamsport, there is an amazing hibachi and sushi restaurant called Ichiban.  Although it’s a bit of a drive, it’s definitely worth it!  Bring your appetite because it’s a decent amount of food.  Ichiban has a very upbeat atmosphere and is great for large groups/parties!

1. Etu Bistro

For your next parent’s weekend, definitely make sure to check out Etu Bistro in Danville (25 minutes from campus).  Etu is short for “Elizabeth’s Two” because it is the sister restaurant to Elizabeth’s in Lewisburg.

1. Isabella Restaurant

The next time you’re craving Italian, make sure to check out Isabella’s!  This charming restaurant was converted from an old bank building and has a live pianist on Saturday nights.  It’s only about 20 minutes from campus, and it has all of your favorite Italian entrees.