Fashion Forecast: Homecoming Weekend Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s almost Homecoming Weekend, which means it’s time to start steppin’ up your game. With alumni back in town, it’s more than okay to binge on lots of online shopping, hit Retrah and Dwellings for the latest Lewisburg fashion, and put together your best ensembles to impress those Bucknellians who have already entered “the real world.” But believe me…they’ll be happy to see you, you’ll be happy to see them, and it’ll be a weekend full of fun and revelry that always requires being best-dressed. Here’s a look at the weather ahead for Homecoming Weekend, and what you should wear to make a lasting impression:

SATURDAY, NOV. 1: High of 57 degrees with a potential for showers in the afternoon.

For the football game…There’s nothing that says “Ray Bucknell!” more than a little orange and blue…but this year, try a more subtle approach. Pair your favorite blue boyfriend jeans with a burnt orange or amber-colored sweater; add a printed scarf, some loafers or booties, and your favorite jacket, and you’ll be good to go well into the 3rd quarter.

For daytime fun…The best thing about Saturdays? Frolicking with your friends outside in the backyards of Lewisburg. Since it’s gonna be a little chilly come Nov. 1, try wearing a printed pair of pants/jeans with your comfiest oversized sweater; your favorite pair of tall leather boots; some long, layered necklaces; and to top it all off, a cargo or leather jacket to keep warm while “playing” outside. J  

For dinner with your favorite alums…Make those Siam reservations now, ladies…because when the alums are back in town, it’s time to celebrate. For a nice dinner, think black skinny jeans; a grey, flowy tunic top or light flowy sweater; black booties; and bright jewelry, whether it’s neon earring studs or a colorful cuff.

For a night on the town…To stand out on one of the biggest nights of the year, add some color to your going-out outfit. Put on your favorite pair of = dark skinny jeans; add a bright, silk tank; throw on a cool pair of dangling earrings; and oh, don’t forget you bar booties.

SUNDAY, NOV. 2: High of 58 degrees with some clouds.

For brunch with friends old and new…After a fun night with friends, what’s honestly better than a hot breakfast at Cherry Alley? For a relaxed Sunday vibe, think an oversized cardigan and flowy basic tee; your worn-in boyfriend jeans; and Chucks. Simple as that.

For fall activities at Ard’s…If you decide to hit the farm with alums before they leave town, make a day of it! For pumpkin picking, wagon rides, and fun in the corn maze, grab your best pair of worn-in, brown leather riding boots; and pair with a cozy men’s flannel (trust me, they’re way more comfortable than girls’ flannels), dark jeans, a huge scarf, and a vest.

For hanging with alums at home…If all you wanna do is kick back with your friends, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. Throw on your favorite pair of leggings (I loooove the ones from Free People), an oversized chambray button-down, lots of layered necklaces, and your favorite pair of moccasins for a chance to catch up with your favorite alums.

Enjoy this fashion guide to plan accordingly for a weekend full of fun, reminiscing, and good times. Because when so much else is going on, you wanna be focused on the friends who are visiting, not the dreaded “what should I wear?!” dilemma. So ladies: Happy Homecoming…and may the best dressed have a fabulous weekend!  

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com