Fashion Forecast: Comfy Classics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

For us here at Bucknell, things have been pretty crazy on campus. Between Homecoming Weekend and upcoming events like the Avicii concert and Halloween, students have been leading insanely hectic lives. With little time to relax, thinking about what to wear each day seems like an extra stressor on top of everything else. That’s why I’m proposing a “comfort-chic” week starting on Monday. It’ll give busy girls like us a chance to feel relaxed while still looking great and put together. Here’s the comfortable, casual and easy-to-do Fashion Forecast for the week of October 29:

Monday, October 29: Rain and wind with a high of 50 degrees. Wayyy colder in Lewisburg than last week, a rainy and chilly day calls for a comfortable pair of leggings. I love leggings since they are super comfy to wear, yet you can still dress them up or down! Pair your favorite pair with black boots (on a day like today, black rainboots!), a black and white-striped tee and a black cotton blazer or shawl cardigan to dress the look up a notch. You’ll start the week off right and will be sure turn heads without trying too hard!

Tuesday, October 30
: More heavy rain and wind with a high of 45 degrees.
Womp, womp … the weather in Lewisburg is still pretty gross!! However, that doesn’t mean your style needs to look sloppy; try a pair of jeggings with boots and a heavy sweater. Also, layering a flannel underneath your sweater adds a fall touch and an extra layer of comfort. The jeggings turn jeans into a casual yet polished option!

Wednesday, October 31: Rain with a high of 49 degrees. Happy Halloween!!  We’re still dealing with yucky weather, and it’s so tempting to throw on a pair of sweatpants. RESIST! A better option than sweats is a stretchy pair of black pants. They’re comfortable, slimming and most importantly, totally chic. Pair with a black sweater and a brightly-colored scarf and earrings for a classic look that never fails to impress, even on a day like today. (Tip: Wear small splashes of orange to get in the Halloween spirit!

Thursday, November 1
: Rain with a high of 49 degrees.
The beginning of November still brings us nasty weather in Lewisburg, but don’t let it get you down. I’m happiest when I’m comfortable with what I’m wearing, and to me there’s nothing better than boyfriend jeans. Pair them with a long-sleeved, neutral-colored basic tee, your favorite printed scarf and an easy pair of ballet flats to look clean and classic!

Friday, November 2: Rain with a high of 49 degrees. Even though weather-wise this week has been extra-depressing, that’s no reason for your fashion to follow suit! Today, pair leggings with a bright sweater and leather boots. Add a fur vest to turn the look from ordinary to classy!

Hopefully, the weather won’t get you down too much and you can enjoy a fun and relaxing week. With all the festivities going on, it’s important to look great, yet still stay comfy to enjoy it all. Being comfortable means being happy, and that’s the only way to live, right?

Fashionably Yours,
Jen Lassen 

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!