Fall Nail Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Say good-bye to your bright, summer hues and welcome to the dark side. Sort of. As per usual, the fall nail trends this season are on the darker side – but don’t stash away your light color palettes just yet!

Sultry Red
The classic crimson red is back and stronger than ever. This color is classy and bold, with a touch of sass. Everyone should try it on at least once!

Pale Nudes
Perfect for those who don’t want to wave goodbye to their baby pink: this trend is for you. Subtle and more natural, these colors are perfect to get you warmed up for the autumn layers.

Brown
Not too sure which trend to take on? I would definitely urge you to try this cozier and warmer take on the pale nudes!

Berry Purple
While the lilac purples are still very much trending, try this new sultry twist on the classic red.

Blue/Green
To remind you of those blue skies and green grass of the summer days – here is a little upgrade on last season’s big trend.

Metallic
You want to be fun, funky, and different but the glitter nail polish is just a little too bold for you? Go mermaid metallic.

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!