kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Collegiate’s Guide to Being Sick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

We’ve all been there—your sinuses feel like they’re closing in on you, and you estimate that you’ve broken the world record of tissues used in a day… you’re sick! ☹ You’re probably longing for your cozy bed at home and your family to bring you chicken soup, especially if this is your first time getting sick since you’ve gone off to college.

Unfortunately, college campuses are a petri dish for sinus infections, colds, flus, pink eye—you name it, it’s around here somewhere. So, on top of all that school work, inevitable friend ~drama~ and whatever else you have on your plate, adding on a very likely chance of getting sick at least 3 times per year can make your college experience just that more stressful. So, here are some self- care tips to keep you stay healthy, and hopefully speed up the recovery process if you do get sick.

#1: FREQUENTLY DISINFECT YOUR DOOR KNOBS, AND OTHER COMMONLY TOUCHED FURNITURE AROUND YOUR ROOM AND DORM! Just think of how many people touch your door knob in a week :o

#2: Pick up some anti-bacterial tissues next time you’re at the drug store! These are a genius way to keep yourself healthy—just substitute them for regular tissues!

#3: Along with taking a daily multi-vitamin, try taking something that will boost your immune system to help you fight off germs—like airborne gummies!

#4 After you’ve been sick, remember to change your sheets and toothbrush to avoid lingering germs!

Feel better!! HCXO

Lily is a first- year student at Bucknell University, from Baltimore, MD. She is the youngest of three children, with two older brothers who live in New York and Boston. She has two dogs, Cooper and Nellie, and if you meet her in person she has probably already shown you the thousands of pictures she has of them on her phone. Lily loves to sing and play guitar, is passionate about fashion and beauty, and is so excited to be a HerCampus writer for Bucknell!