Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Blog

#YesIDidEatThat: The Art of Eating Your Way Through Instagram

By Blair Francke
September 20, 2014 - 12:00pm

Imagine this. You’re out to eat at your favorite Italian restaurant with your friends. Your waiter approaches you, holding the most perfect looking margarita pizza in his hand. He sets this flawlessly crafted pizza in front of you. The crust is golden brown, the redness of the tomatoes and sauce is bright and smooth, and the buffalo mozzarella cheese is melted to perfection, scattered throughout the pizza. With a presentation such as this one placed right in your face, what is your first instinct? Not to immediately grab the first slice, but naturally to take a picture, add a filter, and post it on Instagram for the rest of your friends to drool over (p.s. this is was not just a scenario and I have the picture below to prove it)....

An Ode to Joan Rivers

By Julia Tompkins
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

On September 4, 2014 countless 20-somethings all around the world lost their rogue and outspoken voice. Joan Rivers was that voice for many of us. Joan always blurted out what we were always thinking but we were too reserved to articulate. Commonly known for her harsh (but hilarious) critiques on her show Fashion Police, Joan Rivers was always able to come out and give the rudest (but true) commentary about celebrities and what they wore. Comedian, producer, writer, television host, fashion critic, actress extraordinaire, Joan made the most out of her 81 years on this planet. READ MORE

Rise and Reaction to Sigma Chi's Mansion Madness

By Gabby DeRosa
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

Current dialogue concerning sexual assault has been extremely relevant and ever increasing at Bucknell and in society at large. The issue is finally gaining the recognition it deserves, with the goal of long-term meaningful solutions involved. On Thursday, September 11, 2014 a petition letter was written and sent out by a number of Bucknell students and faculty who had something to say about sexual assault and Bucknell. They were writing a letter on the grounds of being concerned about Sigma Chi fraternity’s register theme that was planned for Saturday, September 13, 2014. The theme was called “A Night at the Mansion,” an annual reoccurring theme for Sigma Chi’s first register of the season....

Must Have Bags for Back-to-School

By Olivia Malvisi
August 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

The first day of classes is quickly approaching, which means the anxiety over what to wear on that first day is quickly rising.  If you are looking to make a great first impression (new year, new you?) then there is no better place to start than with your school bag.  Your bag can make or break your outfit.  Whether you prefer a backpack or over-the-shoulder, having the perfect bag is crucial.  In an effort to help you break the “Bucknell uniform” rule of a black North Face backpack or Longchamp, we have compiled a list of bags that will not only make you stand out on the first day but will ensure you make a statement all year long.
  READ MORE

Dating Fashion 101

By Kaitlin Ulker
August 14, 2014 - 12:00pm

It is a struggle as it is to search for a cute outfit in the morning for school or work, but we all know the biggest obstacle is finding an outfit for dates, especially your first one! Dating is hard. We all know there is a lot of stress on what you decide to wear on a date because the attention is all on you and nobody else. Not to mention the actual pressure there is to even manage to get a date, but when you do, the real anxiety begins. You worry if you are going to run out of things to talk about, if he is rude, if he doesn’t seem interested, but, most importantly, what you are going to wear. First Date READ MORE

Outfits Fit for Summertime Frolicking

By Jen Lassen
July 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

In the summertime when the sun's shining brightly, it's tough to not have a good day. Seriously...how could you be unhappy when you're surrounded by your best friends, dancing like fools beneath the summer sun and romping though the lush green grass together? But of course, as fabulous collegiettes, we've got to look our best at all times...even if the inescapable summertime accessory is beads of sweat on our brows and backs. This outfit guide will give you great tips on how to dress appropriately for some apropos summertime tomfoolery.     READ MORE

Raunchy, Racy, and Ratchet: Why "Orange is the New Black" is the New Black

By Kate Jansen
July 5, 2014 - 12:00pm

Warning: This article contains spoilers. Just a month ago, Netflix released the sophomore season of it's ridiculously risqué and incredibly successful series "Orange is the New Black." Of course, this meant a near half-day binge for plenty of fans (like myself) who so eagerly anticipated a second season. So what makes "Orange is the New Black" worth the yearlong hiatus?    READ MORE

Is Technology Making Us Loners?

By Jen Lassen
June 30, 2014 - 10:38am

You scroll through your Instagram feed-in silence-while you’re in the car with your family. You Tweet instead of striking up a conversation with your seatmate on the train. You text your BFFs instead of making plans with them, content watching Netflix alone in bed while you’re glued to your phone.   READ MORE

What We Wish We Knew Before Starting an Internship

By Loren Jablon, Kate Jansen
May 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

School’s out and your summer internship is about to begin. You can finally stop worrying about what you will be doing this summer. We know the search wasn’t easy, but all of that traveling to interviews was definitely worth it. Now, however, you probably face a greater challenge: How will you stand out? As former interns, we are here to share our two cents on having a successful internship. So, before you put on your oh-so-stylish suit, throw on some heels, and grab your company ID, be sure to consider HC Bucknell’s advice:   READ MORE

Listen to This: Summer Playlist Ideas

By Kate Osman
May 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer and music go together just about as well as PB and J: there’s nothing more than warm weather that makes you want to listen to something that sounds just as good as the sunshine feels. Whatever your plans are for the summer, try these Pandora radio suggestions that are bound to brighten already-sunny days: READ MORE