Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Blog

Outfits Fit for Summertime Frolicking

By Jen Lassen
July 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

In the summertime when the sun's shining brightly, it's tough to not have a good day. Seriously...how could you be unhappy when you're surrounded by your best friends, dancing like fools beneath the summer sun and romping though the lush green grass together? But of course, as fabulous collegiettes, we've got to look our best at all times...even if the inescapable summertime accessory is beads of sweat on our brows and backs. This outfit guide will give you great tips on how to dress appropriately for some apropos summertime tomfoolery.     READ MORE

Raunchy, Racy, and Ratchet: Why "Orange is the New Black" is the New Black

By Kate Jansen
July 5, 2014 - 12:00pm

Warning: This article contains spoilers. Just a month ago, Netflix released the sophomore season of it's ridiculously risqué and incredibly successful series "Orange is the New Black." Of course, this meant a near half-day binge for plenty of fans (like myself) who so eagerly anticipated a second season. So what makes "Orange is the New Black" worth the yearlong hiatus?    READ MORE

Is Technology Making Us Loners?

By Jen Lassen
June 30, 2014 - 10:38am

You scroll through your Instagram feed-in silence-while you’re in the car with your family. You Tweet instead of striking up a conversation with your seatmate on the train. You text your BFFs instead of making plans with them, content watching Netflix alone in bed while you’re glued to your phone.   READ MORE

What We Wish We Knew Before Starting an Internship

By Loren Jablon, Kate Jansen
May 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

School’s out and your summer internship is about to begin. You can finally stop worrying about what you will be doing this summer. We know the search wasn’t easy, but all of that traveling to interviews was definitely worth it. Now, however, you probably face a greater challenge: How will you stand out? As former interns, we are here to share our two cents on having a successful internship. So, before you put on your oh-so-stylish suit, throw on some heels, and grab your company ID, be sure to consider HC Bucknell’s advice:   READ MORE

Listen to This: Summer Playlist Ideas

By Kate Osman
May 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer and music go together just about as well as PB and J: there’s nothing more than warm weather that makes you want to listen to something that sounds just as good as the sunshine feels. Whatever your plans are for the summer, try these Pandora radio suggestions that are bound to brighten already-sunny days: READ MORE

What to Get Your Mother for Mother’s Day

By Julia Tompkins
May 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

May 11th marks the official day to appreciate the most important woman in your life (although it shouldn’t start or end there!). No matter how important she is to you, however, life gets in the way and may often find you giftless just days before Mother’s Day. Although it can be overwhelming trying to find the perfect token of affection for such a wonderful person, here are a few options to help you out!   Something Creative READ MORE

Why Our Moms Are Better Than Our Boyfriends

By Amanda Carlson
May 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

Let’s just state what we already know: boys suck. When we want to shop with them, they lurk in the corner of the store. When we want to watch The Notebook a million times over, they change the channel. When we express our excitement that Prince Harry is now single, they get jealous and irrationally mad… the list goes on and on. READ MORE

Avocados, Stop Playing Hard to Get!

By Caroline Cutler
May 3, 2014 - 12:00pm

Among the super foods, there is one that is superior to them all.  It is the pearl to every sandwich and the golden nugget to every salad.  If you are clueless about the food hierarchy, then I suppose I must tell you that I am talking about the avocado.  It does more than just make your hair shiny and your skin glow.  The avocado breaks cultural boundaries and brings people together. When the avocado met the tomato and did a dance with a little lime and onion, a magical thing called guacamole was put on this earth.  This made the Super Bowl, and every other gathering, significantly better.  And then something tragic happened: the avocado shortage.  READ MORE

Need some Zen?

By Allison Shook
May 2, 2014 - 12:00pm

With finals right around the corner, it is easy to get swept up in the stress of work, trying to make time for friends, and finishing up your clubs and activities. Instead of letting the stress eat you alive, take some time for you by practicing a few easy yoga techniques. Although I am a newbie to yoga myself, I have already felt the amazing benefits of setting aside a few minutes each day just for me. Here are a few poses that you can easily do in your dorm room when you have a spare minute! Childs Pose READ MORE

Making the Most of an Internship-less Summer

By Sara Chuirazzi
May 1, 2014 - 8:38pm

It’s mid-April and it feels like everyone is finding out about the exciting internships that they’re going to have this summer. Don’t get me wrong, this is exciting news, but what do you do if you don’t have an internship, for whatever reason? Being a small-town, Midwestern girl, I’m unfamiliar with the perks of public transportation or even the idea of commuting to “the city”, as so many people lovingly refer to the Big Apple. Don’t get me wrong, it most definitely is exciting that so many Bucknellians have the opportunity to spend their summer under the guidance of well-known firms and established institutions. But what do you do if you don’t have an internship, for whatever reason? READ MORE...