Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Blog

Less is More: 10 Reasons to Become a Minimalist

By Louise Peterson
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

Minimalism is nothing new. You’ve learned minimalist theories in school since you were a child first studying art and literature. Your mother taught you the “less is more” phrase when teaching you not to waste too many paper towels. READ MORE

Lazy Girl’s Guide to Halloween Dress Up

By Grace Nicolia
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

Don’t have the time and/or energy to put together a “wow” costume? With the addition of a simple head accessory, creating a costume can become effortless! But, how many times are we going to put on a little black dress and some ears? Here are some alternative headwear accessories to turn any basic outfit into an instant Halloween costume.   1. Mask-arade READ MORE

Halloween TV Costumes

By Jennifer Mok
October 20, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s one thing to dress up like your favorite TV character. You could dress up like Olivia Pope in a (chic) pantsuit with a wine glass and bowl of popcorn (who doesn’t want snacks on a night out anyways?). But wouldn’t it be more fun to copy Halloween costumes featured in your favorite shows? Read more to see how you can copy costumes worn by TV characters.   Leslie – Rosie the Riveter READ MORE

The Power of Youth

By Julia Tompkins
October 16, 2014 - 3:15pm

The beginning of the new academic year is an opportune time for students to find their passion in extra curricular activities. In general, your college experience offers plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference. Whether it’s volunteer service, or a student government, it’s pretty easy to get involved and make a difference. I believe in the “power of youth” today, and I think that our generation has the incredibly opportunity to a make a difference in our own lives and the lives of others thousands of miles away from us. READ MORE

Everything You Need To Survive Fall Semester: A Big Thank You for the Her Campus Back-To-School Survival Kit!

By Margaret Hilton
October 14, 2014 - 3:27pm

Her Campus Bucknell would like to extend a huge thank you to the fabulous crew over at HC Nationals and our sponsors who sent us an AWESOME Back-to-School Survival kit!  The Back to School Survival Kit program is one of the largest sampling programs our chapters and collegiates have ever seen.  READ MORE

A Guide to Bucknell's Fall Must Haves

By Bucknell Contributor
October 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

I will not forget hosting a recruit last weekend and hearing her say "wow I've been going to private school my whole life, I'm so excited to go somewhere where there's no uniform!" Oh young one, you have much to learn. Here are different versions (and price points!) of some of our fellow collegiettes’ favorite wardrobe essentials. READ MORE

Artificial Sweeteners: Maybe not the healthy option?

By Bucknell Contributor
October 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

What you need to know: Recently, biologists have been studying the impact that artificial sweeteners have on our bodies. Researchers found that there is a possibility that the consumption of artificial sweeteners is linked to an increase in diabetes for certain individuals. READ MORE

Taming That Afro

By Courtney Buckworth
October 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

There is an old adage that “people always want what they can’t have.”  This is true in terms of materialistic items, relationships, celebrities – the list goes on and on. It is most especially true when it comes to our hair. It is not rare to hear the straight haired brunette say she wishes she had curly blonde hair, or the blonde beauty desperate for dark hair. From personal experience, I have observed that people tend to hate curly hair the most. Curly haired women constantly straighten their hair, either permanently or just with a straightener, desperate to look “sexier” or “prettier”. READ MORE

The Songs You Need For Fall

By Amanda Relick
October 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s official.  Ready or not, fall is here.  Leaves are changing, pumpkin spice lattes are on the menu, and we’re dragging sweaters out of the closet.  A change in the weather, and in your wardrobe, obviously calls for a new batch of music.  Here are some must have songs that will get you in the mood for chillier weather. Grab your comfiest sweater and your pumpkin Oreos, and listen to this playlist of cozy acoustic songs that will make you forget all about your midterm stress.   READ MORE

Turning High School Habits into College Success

By Bucknell Contributor
October 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

Everyone has a uniquely different relationship with high school. Whether you look back and remember it fondly or maybe as four years you were simply forced to complete, high school teaches us a lot. We may not remember the proofs we learned in geometry or how to conjugate a verb in Spanish, but we do develop study habits and meaningful life skills that can impact our college life for the better. College is no doubt an exciting time full of new experiences and opportunities, but before you forget everything from high school, it’s important to consider how to transform your high school habits into college success.   Schedule Your Workouts READ MORE