The Best Winter Boots That Aren’t Bean Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

At Bucknell, it seems as if once the temperature drops below 50 degrees, half the student body presents the seasonal debut of their beloved, broken-in Bean Boots.  While L.L. Bean’s classic cold-weather kicks are trustworthy and timeless, as fashionable collegiettes, we don’t always want to own the exact same pair of shoes as all of our peers.  HC Bucknell is here to recommend some alternative warm and trendy winter boots.

The Classic

Rated for temps as low as -25 degrees, the Tofino by Sorel is both functional and fashionable.  The waterproof design will keep your feet totally toasty, plus, who doesn’t love a little faux fur?! At $160 on Zappos.com, these boots are a bit pricier than L.L. Bean’s, but their warmth and durability will not disappoint.

The Alternative Duck Boot

Did Bean Boots sell out too quickly for you to grab a pair? Do you like their design, but are looking a little more color? Sperry’s Saltwater Booties rock the same duck boot look as Bean Boots, but they offer more fashion and originality.  Not to mention, they’re lined with microfleece! Grab a pair for $120 at Shopbop.com.

The Splurge

Don’t let cold weather get in the way of your social life, collegiettes!  The Medina by Sorel will allow you to throw on a sleek ensemble while stopping you from slipping and sliding on black ice. Made with waterproof rubber and stretchy neoprene, slide them on and you’ll be invincible come snow or rain! They can be purchased on Zappos.com for $225.

The Sneaker

Designed like a sneaker, the Mountain Booties by Bensimon resemble the design of Converse high-tops.  The top of the boot can be rolled down to show off the fuzzy Sherpa lining, or rolled up for a sleeker, sportier look. Find them at Shopbop.com for $143.

The Eskimo

The Woolrich Whitecap Boot might just be the epitome of comfort.  If you’re ready to rock your inner Eskimo, or cannot stand the constraining feeling of rubber boots, these fuzzy fleece booties are the perfect option.  Grab them for just $50 on Zappos.com and your feet will thank you.  

Emmy is currenty a senior at Bucknell University studying Managing for Sustainability.  She's a believer in horoscopes, a Jersey girl at heart, and a lover of all things outdoorsy.