Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

Lazy Girl’s Guide to Halloween Dress Up

By Grace Nicolia
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

Don’t have the time and/or energy to put together a “wow” costume? With the addition of a simple head accessory, creating a costume can become effortless! But, how many times are we going to put on a little black dress and some ears? Here are some alternative headwear accessories to turn any basic outfit into an instant Halloween costume.   1. Mask-arade READ MORE

Less is More: 10 Reasons to Become a Minimalist

By Louise Peterson
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

Minimalism is nothing new. You’ve learned minimalist theories in school since you were a child first studying art and literature. Your mother taught you the “less is more” phrase when teaching you not to waste too many paper towels. READ MORE

Halloween TV Costumes

By Jennifer Mok
October 20, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s one thing to dress up like your favorite TV character. You could dress up like Olivia Pope in a (chic) pantsuit with a wine glass and bowl of popcorn (who doesn’t want snacks on a night out anyways?). But wouldn’t it be more fun to copy Halloween costumes featured in your favorite shows? Read more to see how you can copy costumes worn by TV characters.   Leslie – Rosie the Riveter READ MORE

The Upside of Mondays

By Margaret Hilton
October 20, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

CCs Loving Cake

By Elizabeth Bacharach

Campus Cutie: Matt Deysher

By Elizabeth Bacharach
October 19, 2014 - 4:26pm

Hometown: Lebanon, Pa.
Major: Neuroscience and Classics
Class Year: 2015   The Basics: READ MORE

Meet: John Cummins

By Elizabeth Bacharach
October 19, 2014 - 4:22pm

1. What is the day in the life for you as head honchos of respective areas of Bucknell’s Dining Services? Fast paced and lots of fun! Our students and staff keep me running but the days go super fast and the rewards are lots of people who are not hungry!   2. What do you see as the future of Bucknell’s Dining on campus considering the new construction and ever-changing foodie-world? READ MORE

The Trials and Tribulations of TMI

By Elizabeth Bacharach, Kate Jansen
October 16, 2014 - 4:40pm

In a recent interview with Rosie O’Donnell on “The View,” Lena Dunham dished on love, art, and her new novel Not That Kind of Girl.  In closing the discussion regarding her book’s dedication to both Nora Ephron and her boyfriend Jack Antonoff (lead guitarist for Fun), Dunham states, “It can be tough to share stuff that private, but I guess that’s what book dedications are for.”  In true journalist fashion, Rosie O’Donnell catches the bait and continues on the topic, one that has garnered a handful of criticism that surrounds Dunham: “A lot of people have accused you, as they've accused me, of the TMI.  That...we share too much; that we are...

The Power of Youth

By Julia Tompkins
October 16, 2014 - 3:15pm

The beginning of the new academic year is an opportune time for students to find their passion in extra curricular activities. In general, your college experience offers plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference. Whether it’s volunteer service, or a student government, it’s pretty easy to get involved and make a difference. I believe in the “power of youth” today, and I think that our generation has the incredibly opportunity to a make a difference in our own lives and the lives of others thousands of miles away from us. READ MORE

New Kicks on the Block

By Kate Jansen
October 15, 2014 - 11:55am

Word on the street is that – just in time for Halloween, nonetheless – the ‘90s are coming back from the dead and in huge ways. And no, Mom, this doesn’t mean your fire-engine-red-shoulder-padded pantsuit with the matching kitten heels.  The year was 1999. We were on the brink of elementary school and we had all fallen hard for MK and Ash and their sense of style. Yes, at the ripe age of thirteen, the Olsen twins knew how to rock scrunchies, overalls, anything Velcro strap-ons and pumped-up Keds like nobody’s business. READ MORE