Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

Human vs. Image

By Amanda Relick
August 20, 2014 - 2:33pm

Images.  Open a magazine, turn on the TV, go on the Internet, and they are staring us right in the face. READ MORE

Must Have Bags for Back-to-School

By Olivia Malvisi
August 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

The first day of classes is quickly approaching, which means the anxiety over what to wear on that first day is quickly rising.  If you are looking to make a great first impression (new year, new you?) then there is no better place to start than with your school bag.  Your bag can make or break your outfit.  Whether you prefer a backpack or over-the-shoulder, having the perfect bag is crucial.  In an effort to help you break the “Bucknell uniform” rule of a black North Face backpack or Longchamp, we have compiled a list of bags that will not only make you stand out on the first day but will ensure you make a statement all year long.
  READ MORE

Dating Fashion 101

By Kaitlin Ulker
August 14, 2014 - 12:00pm

It is a struggle as it is to search for a cute outfit in the morning for school or work, but we all know the biggest obstacle is finding an outfit for dates, especially your first one! Dating is hard. We all know there is a lot of stress on what you decide to wear on a date because the attention is all on you and nobody else. Not to mention the actual pressure there is to even manage to get a date, but when you do, the real anxiety begins. You worry if you are going to run out of things to talk about, if he is rude, if he doesn’t seem interested, but, most importantly, what you are going to wear. First Date READ MORE

Can Girls and Guys Be Friends (Without Hooking Up)?

By Kim Combatti
August 13, 2014 - 1:36pm

Short answer: yes.  Psychologists, sociologists and communications experts all agree that in today’s world, guys and girls definitely can be just friends. READ MORE

Outfits Fit for Summertime Frolicking

By Jen Lassen
July 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

In the summertime when the sun's shining brightly, it's tough to not have a good day. Seriously...how could you be unhappy when you're surrounded by your best friends, dancing like fools beneath the summer sun and romping though the lush green grass together? But of course, as fabulous collegiettes, we've got to look our best at all times...even if the inescapable summertime accessory is beads of sweat on our brows and backs. This outfit guide will give you great tips on how to dress appropriately for some apropos summertime tomfoolery.     READ MORE

Raunchy, Racy, and Ratchet: Why "Orange is the New Black" is the New Black

By Kate Jansen
July 5, 2014 - 12:00pm

Warning: This article contains spoilers. Just a month ago, Netflix released the sophomore season of it's ridiculously risqué and incredibly successful series "Orange is the New Black." Of course, this meant a near half-day binge for plenty of fans (like myself) who so eagerly anticipated a second season. So what makes "Orange is the New Black" worth the yearlong hiatus?    READ MORE

Falling for Love at First Sight

By Amanda Relick
July 4, 2014 - 1:44pm

READ MORE

Gabby's Two Cents on (Hobby Lobby) Events

By Gabby DeRosa
July 1, 2014 - 4:52pm

On Monday, June 30th, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, allowing private for-profit companies to opt out of the federal health law’s contraceptive coverage requirement based on religious objections. This ruling ignited political debate mainly between pro-choice and pro-life masses. READ MORE

Beach Body Beginnings: Pre and Post Workout Meals

By Julia Tompkins
June 30, 2014 - 10:51am

Summer means the beach. The beach means bikinis. Bikinis mean working out. Fueling your body properly is imperative to reaching your fitness goals. Often underestimated, what you eat before and after your workout is more important than how long you lasted on the elliptical. READ MORE

Is Technology Making Us Loners?

By Jen Lassen
June 30, 2014 - 10:38am

You scroll through your Instagram feed-in silence-while you’re in the car with your family. You Tweet instead of striking up a conversation with your seatmate on the train. You text your BFFs instead of making plans with them, content watching Netflix alone in bed while you’re glued to your phone.   READ MORE