Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

8 Reasons Bucknell Homecoming is Unique to Any Other School

By Blair Francke
October 29, 2014 - 11:21pm

You can almost always guarantee cloudy, chilly weather with a chance of rain (classic Lewisburg)
You fear for the return and the awkward reunion with your old hook-up…
READ MORE

Tailgating in the ’Burg

By Loren Jablon
October 29, 2014 - 6:43pm

Most college football fans agree that the sport is rooted in tradition. From Penn State’s White Out to Ohio State’s dotting of the “i” to Auburn’s Toomer’s Corner, football helps establish school spirit and pride on college campuses. Loyal fans argue that this sense of community is strengthened and enhanced by pregame tailgating scenes. In a 2011 study on college tailgating, University of Notre Dame cultural anthropologist John Sherry found that tailgating “is more about sharing than it is about competition.” From his research, Sherry concluded that “the individual traditions that [fans] are creating add to the larger tradition.” READ MORE

What Does Your Phone Case Say About You?

By Kate Osman
October 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

In a world where our phones are pretty much considered the equivalent to lifelines (if you didn’t like your best friend’s insta of her food…did she really eat?!), the next most important decision after choosing what type of phone is fit to hold your life in it is what type of case should protect it. With all the different types of phone cases available, though, your choice of case says more about you than you may realize: READ MORE

A College Gal’s Guide To Pumpkin Carving

By Courtney Buckworth, Margaret Hilton
October 28, 2014 - 10:14pm

There are many things to love about the month of October. The pumpkin-spice lattes, the fact that we get to wear vests again, Instagramming fall leaves, and Halloween. As we grow old and enter college, certain Halloween traditions no doubt fade away, but one that we never get tired of is carving pumpkins.  The art of carving pumpkins is a form of self-expression and savvy porch decor.  If your carving technique is a little sloppy and you find yourself having to explain what exactly your pumpkin is, as Karen would explain her costume, “I’m a mouse, duh,” THIS is the year to step up your game. Let’s start with how to select the perfect pumpkin. READ MORE

Networking with Alumni

By Julia Tompkins
October 28, 2014 - 10:11pm

The end of October means two things for Bucknellians: Halloween and Homecoming. From October 31st to November 2nd, Lewisburg will be flooded by a herd of elder bison. Homecoming Weekend is a great way to restore connections with old friends, but it is also a great way to meet new alumni and network. READ MORE

The Era of the Pumpkin Spice Latte

By Amanda Carlson
October 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

Basics love them, moms carve them, and the pilgrims couldn’t have celebrated Thanksgiving without them: pumpkins. Sweater weather has arrived, and that means no one can escape from being pumpkinized. At this time of year, it’s hard to go anywhere without being bombarded by the abundance of pumpkin-flavored indulgences. In fact, they have become so popular that the haters have been sippin’ the haterade and refuse to embrace any and all pumpkin spice related products. Can’t everyone just see that they’re innocent little gourds? READ MORE

Porn is Hijacking Our Sexuality: Two collegiettes’ approach to growing pornographic violence

By Elizabeth Bacharach, Olivia Malvisi
October 27, 2014 - 4:32pm

This is more than just a tantalizing strip tease whose slow, seductive motions easily excite its viewer.  This is more than just a resulting hard-on from flips through a glossy Playboy.  This is more than just even Deepthroat’s “lesson” on pleasuring men through a Linda Lovelace allure--and technique.  This is the porn industry in the United States and its relatively recent revolution due to the Internet. READ MORE

Top 5 Fall Treats to Try this Halloween/Homecoming Weekend

By Kate Jansen
October 27, 2014 - 12:50pm

The fall weekend we’ve all been waiting for is swiftly approaching where not one, but two major holidays are hitting the Buck. Homecoming and Halloween jam-packed into one festivity-filled weekend will most definitely bring the festivities and the necessity for sweet treats. Whether you’re entertaining alumni at your downtown house before the game, hosting a Halloween cookie swap, or planning on leaving a tray of fall treats out for your hall mates, Her Campus Bucknell has got the perfect Halloween Baking Guide to satisfy your sweet tooth this weekend.  READ MORE

Homecoming 2014

By Elizabeth Bacharach

Homecoming Tailgate

By Elizabeth Bacharach