Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

Beyond the Gym Workout

By Margaret Hilton
October 24, 2014 - 12:26pm

Ah, the gym. Similar to Bertrand, you may have a love-hate relationship with KLARC, and if your relationship is leaning more towards the hate side, it’s time to revisit your workout options.  While it can be somewhat comforting to know that you’re not alone on the elliptical as you frantically move your arms back and forth, legs up and down, and thumb left and right as you continually swipe your phone to find the PERFECT pump up song to keep you going strong through mile 3, it sure can get boring. READ MORE

Halloween Costumes that Don’t Depend on Your Size

By Julia Tompkins
October 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

Once a year, we have one night to dress however crazy, scary, goofy, or stupid we want, without judgment. The process of choosing the right Halloween costume can be stressful or a simply annoying task that you put off until the last minute.  Here are some ideas for Halloween costumes that don’t depend on your size! Get Mummified
All you really need to make this costume is long sleeve top and skirt, tights, cheesecloth/bandage material. To make the bandages fade to an off-white color, soak the edges in coffee! You can make the costume tighter or looser depending on the wrapping. You can tie and pin the cloth/bandages to affix them to the costume. READ MORE

Perfect Halloween Playlist

By Courtney Buckworth
October 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

You have your costume picked out; you outrageously decked your dorm room out with pumpkins, ghost decorations, and fake spiders; and your candy stash is piling up in your room. Yet, you are still missing one crucial component of really getting into the spooky spirit:  Halloween music. Halloween and music go together almost as perfectly as pumpkin and spice. Luckily, I have compiled a playlist of Halloween classics, covers, and contemporary songs that pair up perfectly with your sexy cat costume. This year, when you’re sitting in your dorm preparing for a night filled with candy, dancing, and most importantly, awesome costumes, blast this creepy, fun, and modern playlist to really get in the spirit. ...

“Non-Sexy” Halloween Costumes for Every Girl

By Jen Lassen
October 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s time yet again for girls to break out their brassieres, fishnet tights, and animal ears for the biggest theme party all year: Halloween night. But…wait a second. What about the girls who don’t want to dress as “sexy cops”? Where’s the aisle in Spirit Halloween labeled “non-sexy” Halloween costumes? Ladies, I’m right there with ya…and although that aisle is non-existent, it doesn’t mean you have to dress like Karen from Mean Girls as a “mouse…duh.” Check out these hilariously cool “non-sexy” costume ideas that you can DIY and totally rock this Halloween. READ MORE

Finding a Costume Already in Your Closet

By Kim Combatti
October 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

Okay, so you’ve been pretty busy and coming up with a Halloween costume hasn’t been a major priority on your to-do list. Well, not to worry, we’ve got you covered, collegiettes. Rifling through your “costume box” (if you don’t have one yet, you’ll probably acquire a box of random pieces from different themed events throughout your college career), you may discover that you have some key basics to any great Halloween outfit. Now you just need a little twist and a few accessories.   Feature Item: Khaki Shorts READ MORE

New Perspectives After Fall Break

By Bucknell Contributor
October 22, 2014 - 8:57pm

In one mindset, fall break was the perfect time to do everything: see your friends, eat your favorite foods, go to your favorite restaurants, go shopping, catch up on work (or get ahead on work), paint your nails, get a haircut, shower without flip-flops, ask your parents for some extra cash… the list goes on. However, fall break was also the perfect time to do nothing. Because as a Bucknell student, when do you ever have time to do absolutely nothing? Never. READ MORE

Is Halloween the New Valentine’s Day?

By Amanda Carlson
October 22, 2014 - 12:00pm

PSA: Single Awareness Day changed from February 14 to October 31. On a more positive note, Halloween definitely has a much more diverse selection of candy than Valentine’s Day’s questionable chocolate boxes. Reese’s, Smarties, Candy Corn, Twix, and Snickers … need I say more? Halloween should be the ultimate single girl’s holiday, where single girls everywhere can cry over candy and then go out and dress up as whatever they want without consequences. Remember Cady Heron’s Halloween experience? Exactly. READ MORE

Studying

By Elizabeth Bacharach

An Open Letter to the Administration: Why We Need a Late Night Shuttle

By Caroline Cutler
October 22, 2014 - 12:00pm

Dear Bucknell Administration, READ MORE

Lazy Girl’s Guide to Halloween Dress Up

By Grace Nicolia
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

Don’t have the time and/or energy to put together a “wow” costume? With the addition of a simple head accessory, creating a costume can become effortless! But, how many times are we going to put on a little black dress and some ears? Here are some alternative headwear accessories to turn any basic outfit into an instant Halloween costume.   1. Mask-arade READ MORE