Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

Operation Smile

By Bucknell University
September 30, 2014 - 7:44pm

The CEO and founder of the global, non-profit organization Operation Smile will be coming to campus, Thursday, October 2. Dr. Bill Magee will address the value of gloabal service and keys to success in the business world. READ MORE

Etiquette Dinner: 10th Annual "Wine, Dine, & Act Fine"

By Bucknell University
September 30, 2014 - 7:41pm

Senior etiquett edinner will take place on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 in the Terrace Room located within the Elaine Langone Center.  READ MORE

Stunning Bucknell

By Bucknell University

Need Some Cash?

By Kaitlin Ulker
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

Even though Bucknell is nowhere near a big city with the cutest shops and impeccable eateries, we all know that we end up spending a little more money than we would have anticipated while we’re here. Whether it’s at Wal-Mart, buying a variety of accessories and clothing for a themed party or eating out at Sushihana with a bottle of wine, it all adds up. If you have a lot of time on your hands, I am happy to tell you that there are actually various jobs held on and off campus that do just the trick for that bit of spending money. Let me walk you through some of these opportunities: Samek Art Galley READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Alex Ehmann

By Margaret Hilton
September 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Hometown: Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Major: Economics
Class Year: 2015 The Basics: READ MORE

Meet: Kevin Quindlen

By Margaret Hilton
September 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Meet Kevin Quindlen, Class of 2015, Biology Major, SpeakUp Bucknell Peer Educator and Sigma Phi Epsilon President! Why was SpeakUp Bucknell created and what does it hope to accomplish on campus? READ MORE

An Open Letter to a Freshman Girl

By Amanda Relick
September 27, 2014 - 12:00pm

Dear Freshman Girl, READ MORE

The Chinese Invasion

By Louise Peterson
September 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Remember that ’60s phenomenon you learned about in school called the “British Invasion”? Rock and pop from the UK flooded the United States’ music scene, resulting in a fashion frenzy of British style. Now, in 2014, a global fascination with all things China is extending to the US. As the Asian market becomes increasingly more important to the business of fashion, top designers, models, consumers, and businesses are adapting the elegant Asian-inspired trend. READ MORE

The Ultimate Guide to Parent’s Weekend

By Kate Jansen
September 25, 2014 - 12:00pm

“So, what do you want to do over Parent’s Weekend?” As a junior, this is not the first time my mom’s asked me this open-ended question: And as a junior, this is not the first time I’ve had to answer with the usual “I have no idea…[insert subject change].” READ MORE

Sunglasses for Every Face

By Olivia Malvisi
September 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

A pair of sunglasses may be the single most important accessory in a girl’s wardrobe.  Yes, that is a bold statement to make and no, it may not be completely true. Nonetheless sunglasses can help you complete your look.  They instantly give you that mysterious, effortlessly chic, glamorous look, and who doesn’t want that during a fall Super Saturday?! Which is why it is so important that you have the perfect pair that compliments your face type.    Sarah Bryar, CEO of women’s eyewear e-boutique Rivet and Sway, explains how “no one really has a ‘perfect’ oval, square, circle or heart face shape.”  There could be many different looks that work for your face regardless of the shape.  In an effort to help you get started, let’s take a look at which styles...