Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

SWAP!

By Jennifer Mok
April 22, 2014 - 4:37pm

Just like the event title says, come SWAP items (clothes, accessories, furniture, etc. with others to promote the act of reuse!
Need another incentive? There will be the beloved fro-yo with a variety of toppings as well as donations from downtown stores!   Check below and the Facebook event page for more details! READ MORE

What is Your Favorite Finals Study Snack?

By Bucknell Contributor

Campus Cutie: Matt Boozan

By Kate Jansen
April 22, 2014 - 4:30pm

Hometown: Summit, New Jersey
Major: Accounting and Financial Management
Class Year: 2016 The Basics: READ MORE

Style Blog – Emily Lobst

By Kate Jansen
April 21, 2014 - 3:53pm

What are your current style inspirations?
I would say I look up to Olivia Palmero for style inspiration as a "style icon," but I think that the best style inspirations come from just observing and taking in all the great styles I see on campus or just out and about. Now that it is finally getting warmer everyone is breaking out their great spring and summer outfits they have been saving and so there have definitely been outfits that I have admired lately.  READ MORE

Good Vibrations

By Bucknell Contributor
April 21, 2014 - 3:49pm

Ah, the 20s, the ultimate right of passage into young adulthood. It is a time where we are gaining more responsibility and accountability for ourselves. But does this mean we are accountable for our own orgasms, too? As we enter our 20s, many collegiettes feel we have earned the right to own a vibrator. Yes, a vibrator, the sex toy that helps millions of women achieve “the big O.” Vibrators are not as taboo as they once were. In 1998, Sex and the City introduced “The Rabbit” as the most magnificent sex toy on the market. It cost $92, but Miranda reassured her girlfriends it was worth every penny. Now vibrators come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes, and range from inexpensive to on the pricier side. READ...

Defining and Defying the Term “Basic Bitch” at Bucknell

By Julia Tompkins
April 20, 2014 - 11:55am

*Disclaimer: Information used to exemplify what some students consider “basic” at Bucknell was taken from random and anonymous interviewees. Information/opinions in this article do not express my own personal opinions unless explicitly stated. * If you Google “basic bitch” some of the results read: “10 tips to avoid dressing like a basic bitch,” “the basic bitch’s guide to Coachella,” “Starbucks must haves for the basic bitch.” So what does it mean to be a basic bitch? READ MORE

Why our obsession with healthy is actually unhealthy

By Julia Tompkins
April 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Recently, there seems to be a new wave of body image aspirations among young women. We’ve transitioned from agreeing with Kate Moss’s iconic phrase of “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”, idolizing the fragile looking figures, to adopting a new mindset. More recently, young women are starting to honor the “strong is the new skinny” mantra.  READ MORE

#WCW The Inspirational Malala Yousafzai

By Louise Peterson
April 18, 2014 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Style Blog - Amanda Beare

By Kate Jansen
April 17, 2014 - 3:24pm

What are your current style inspirations? I am most inspired by people who march to the beat of their own drum when it comes to fashion. I admire those who don't feel the need to conform to conventionality on campus (Shoutout to Lindsey Ruff- keep doing you and letting me raid your wardrobe). What is your all-time favorite trend? To be honest, I don't really like trends. Everyone should be themselves, be comfortable, love their clothes, and not worry about what others think. What is your go-to Super Saturday ensemble? READ MORE

The Coexistence of Chivalry and Feminism

By Sara Chuirazzi
April 17, 2014 - 3:20pm

READ MORE