Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bucknell Archives

Outfits Fit for Summertime Frolicking

By Jen Lassen
July 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

In the summertime when the sun's shining brightly, it's tough to not have a good day. Seriously...how could you be unhappy when you're surrounded by your best friends, dancing like fools beneath the summer sun and romping though the lush green grass together? But of course, as fabulous collegiettes, we've got to look our best at all times...even if the inescapable summertime accessory is beads of sweat on our brows and backs. This outfit guide will give you great tips on how to dress appropriately for some apropos summertime tomfoolery.     READ MORE

Raunchy, Racy, and Ratchet: Why "Orange is the New Black" is the New Black

By Kate Jansen
July 5, 2014 - 12:00pm

Warning: This article contains spoilers. Just a month ago, Netflix released the sophomore season of it's ridiculously risqué and incredibly successful series "Orange is the New Black." Of course, this meant a near half-day binge for plenty of fans (like myself) who so eagerly anticipated a second season. So what makes "Orange is the New Black" worth the yearlong hiatus?    READ MORE

Falling for Love at First Sight

By Amanda Relick
July 4, 2014 - 1:44pm

READ MORE

Gabby's Two Cents on (Hobby Lobby) Events

By Gabby DeRosa
July 1, 2014 - 4:52pm

On Monday, June 30th, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, allowing private for-profit companies to opt out of the federal health law’s contraceptive coverage requirement based on religious objections. This ruling ignited political debate mainly between pro-choice and pro-life masses. READ MORE

Beach Body Beginnings: Pre and Post Workout Meals

By Julia Tompkins
June 30, 2014 - 10:51am

Summer means the beach. The beach means bikinis. Bikinis mean working out. Fueling your body properly is imperative to reaching your fitness goals. Often underestimated, what you eat before and after your workout is more important than how long you lasted on the elliptical. READ MORE

Is Technology Making Us Loners?

By Jen Lassen
June 30, 2014 - 10:38am

You scroll through your Instagram feed-in silence-while you’re in the car with your family. You Tweet instead of striking up a conversation with your seatmate on the train. You text your BFFs instead of making plans with them, content watching Netflix alone in bed while you’re glued to your phone.   READ MORE

What We Wish We Knew Before Starting an Internship

By Loren Jablon, Kate Jansen
May 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

School’s out and your summer internship is about to begin. You can finally stop worrying about what you will be doing this summer. We know the search wasn’t easy, but all of that traveling to interviews was definitely worth it. Now, however, you probably face a greater challenge: How will you stand out? As former interns, we are here to share our two cents on having a successful internship. So, before you put on your oh-so-stylish suit, throw on some heels, and grab your company ID, be sure to consider HC Bucknell’s advice:   READ MORE

Listen to This: Summer Playlist Ideas

By Kate Osman
May 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer and music go together just about as well as PB and J: there’s nothing more than warm weather that makes you want to listen to something that sounds just as good as the sunshine feels. Whatever your plans are for the summer, try these Pandora radio suggestions that are bound to brighten already-sunny days: READ MORE

What to Get Your Mother for Mother’s Day

By Julia Tompkins
May 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

May 11th marks the official day to appreciate the most important woman in your life (although it shouldn’t start or end there!). No matter how important she is to you, however, life gets in the way and may often find you giftless just days before Mother’s Day. Although it can be overwhelming trying to find the perfect token of affection for such a wonderful person, here are a few options to help you out!   Something Creative READ MORE

Why Our Moms Are Better Than Our Boyfriends

By Amanda Carlson
May 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

Let’s just state what we already know: boys suck. When we want to shop with them, they lurk in the corner of the store. When we want to watch The Notebook a million times over, they change the channel. When we express our excitement that Prince Harry is now single, they get jealous and irrationally mad… the list goes on and on. READ MORE