5 Ways to Hide the Turkey Bump This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s the day we’ve been waiting an entire year for: the day when we’ll stuff our faces in true American sprit and devour not one, not two, but three pieces of Grandma’s pumpkin pie. It’s no secret that we all tend to gain a conservative eight to fifteen pounds after feasting on some sort of variety of turkey, cranberry sauce, and potatoes for an entire day, and sometimes not even the tight black bodycon (plus Spanx) can hold it all in. Luckily, Her Campus Bucknell has got you covered –literally– for this holiday season with our go-to Thanksgiving Shopping Guide to hide your post-turkey food baby:

The Look: Loose LoungewearPerfect for: Low-key Thanksgivings with close family members and friendsGoes great with: An extra piece of banana cream pie. And ice cream.The ingredients:

The Look: Bohemian ChicPerfect for: Laid-back Thanksgiving dinners with family and family-of-familyGoes great with: The first and second plates of Tofurkey, vegetarian gravy, and locally made cranberry chutney.The ingredients:

The Look: Weather (and Post-dinner Bump) Resistant  Perfect for: Rainy Thanksgiving Thursdays at Grandma and Grandpa’s houseGoes great with: Grandma’s world famous apple pie (the second and third slices)The ingredients:

The Look: Sweater WeatherPerfect for: Cozy Thanksgivings spent by the fireGoes great with: A steaming mug of hot chocolate and freshly baked pumpkin breadThe ingredients:

The Look: LumberjillPerfect for: Cutting back on the ultimate post-dinner bump (What? That’s not my food baby, that’s just the loud floral pattern doing its thing).Goes great with: Two extra platefuls of homemade stuffing, four extra spoonfuls of gravy, six helpings of mashed potatoes, and a drumstick.The ingredients:

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com