1000 Awesome Things About Bucknell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.
Awesome Thing #4 – Unnecessary Driving
Bucknell is a very small campus. Even when including the downtown area as part of the grand scheme, you could probably reach any destination within twenty minutes (Disagree? It’s probably time that we confront each other – I’m not a big fan of you, slow walker, please pick up the pace?!). Regardless of the coziness of our campus, when the opportunity arises to be driven from Point A to Point B, we simply cannot help ourselves. It makes every possible situation better.  Had a phenomenal night? Get driven home, especially if home means the mods, and your night just got even better! Happen to be sitting in class when it, surprisingly, begins to torrentially down pour? Totally no problem when you remember you drove. Yes, you may seem infinitely lazy to the rest of the world but the small luxury of driving or being driven for three minutes across Bucknell’s teeny corner of Lewisburg can add an awesome aspect to your day. Can you imagine if it was a necessity to drive, like having to take a bus to class? It just wouldn’t be the same.  

Awesome Thing #5 – do-RAK 
The existence of this group is just mind-blowingly awesome. Bucknell has a group of kids that takes time out of their hectic schedules to plan random acts of kindness for their peers. Doesn’t it seem like an oxymoron? Like where’s the catch? Are they secretly getting paid in trident gum? But no! They really are selflessly doing this!!! How crazy!? If you check out their website, one of the first things it states is, ‘Like to make people smile?’ That is what keeps them going; not recognition or even a thank you – just the opportunity to make someone’s day better. They have umbrellas planted randomly by doors in the LC, just in case you get caught without yours (when really, let’s be honest, at this point forgetting your umbrella is like forgetting to put on your top). They also will randomly put munchkins in 8 am classes! When you think about all the things you would do if you had free time, isn’t it incredible to think these students choose to try and brighten your day? Overall awesomeness: http://www.orgs.bucknell.edu/do-rak/

photo source: http://www.orgs.bucknell.edu/Do-RAK/pics.html

What’s your favorite awesome thing about Bucknell?
Email Courtney Bottazzi! Courtney.Bottazzi@Bucknell.edu

Cameron is a senior at Bucknell University pursuing degrees in English and Theatre. Born and raised in suburban Philadelphia, she is a member of Delta Gamma sorority and recently spent a semester abroad in London (tea and scones galore!). Her favorite things include (but are not limited to) anything with the word "coffee" in it, her two shih tzus, peppermint gum, reality tv, and spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, dancing, staying active, and singing. Her claim to fame? She was a street shoutout on the show "Cash Cab".