david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things Scarier Than This Year’s Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

1. Seeing a Bucknell squirrel unexpectedly pop out of a garbage can while walking to the library.  

2. The amount of sugar that is actually in a Naked juice (even the GREEN one).

3. The mass of inebriated college students wreaking havoc on dear sweet downtown Lewisburg on Saturday afternoons.

4. The number of times “Closer” by the Chainsmokers has been played over the first half of the semester.

5. Me as a small child.

6. Students who believe in gender equality but refuse to call themselves feminists.

7. The sheer fact that outer space exists.

8. The amount of Bucknell students who don’t attend discussions on sexual assault, campus climate, and diversity issues.  

9. “Make America Great Again” being seen as trendy or witty when the U.S. has never actually been great for people of color, queer individuals or women. Oh wait…

10. Actually nothing because the idea of electing for president a man who believes that he has the right to women’s bodies is pretty horrifying.

What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.