10 Items You Must Have Before Graduating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Don’t know what you want as a graduation present? Here are some go-to items you may need to purchase before graduation and entering the real world.

1.  Grown-Up Bag

Having a big bag is essential. You need something that can carry your laptop/iPad, paper, makeup, water, and food. Put it this way, the more items you can fit without it being a hassle to carry, the better.

2.  Everyday Lipstick

For that quick touch up look, Benefit Cosmetics’ nude lipstick is perfect for your last minute beauty needs.

3.  Stylish Blazer

If you already own a black blazer (which should already be an essential in your wardrobe), why not invest in another stylish one? Blazers are a great investment because you can look professional or trendy, depending on what look you are going for!

4.  Little Black Dress

Wear this dress during the daytime for important meetings or throw on a statement necklace or earrings for an evening out! This is the most versatile dress any woman can own. Plus, we all know that black is the most flattering color there is.

5.  Oversized Watch

As you grow older, you begin to realize that you cannot always be glued to your iPhone, which means it is time to invest in that big girl watch!

6.  Classic Trench

This is definitely more of an investment piece because you’ll wear it forever, even if your size fluctuates. You can wear it over everything, from suits to jeans. Make sure you look for a classic A-line figure that will cinch you in at the waist.

7.  Black Leather Jacket

The good thing about this leather jacket is that it never goes out of style. It is perfect for going out to the bars at night.

8.  Statement Necklace

I’m sure most of you ladies out there own a statement necklace already, but if you don’t happen to own one, I suggest that you go get one right away! These necklaces are perfect for those days when you just can’t find an outfit. Throw on a blazer, a white V-neck, and a statement necklace, and you will look just as good as ever.

9.  Black Pumps

The good thing about the classic black pump is that they will match with absolutely everything in your closet. These are great for business meetings, parties, casual cocktails, dinners, etc.

10. That one piece of jewelry you won’t take off

It does not have to be the most expensive piece of jewelry, but find something nice and make it count!

So there you have it, 10 items you should consider investing in before graduation rolls around. After graduation, you won’t have as much time on your hands as you do in college, so take advantage!