Zayn Malik Dropped His First Solo Single and Gigi Hadid is in the Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Zayn Malik’s long-awaited solo single “Pillow Talk” has finally been released, and it’s already number one in more than 36 countries.

The Bradford native first introduced himself as a solo artist when he left One Direction less than a year ago, leaving many fans outraged with his decision. Malik has clearly won back the adoration of the public with his new single, seeing as fans have been working nonstop to ensure that the song breaks records.

Malik’s “Pillow Talk” showcases his wide vocal range and new, sexy 90’s R&B style with lines like “we’ll piss off the neighbors” and “fucking you and fighting on.” Fans were even more shocked with the song’s music video, which features Malik’s new girlfriend, supermodel and Victoria’s Secret Angel, Gigi Hadid. The pair are seen passionately kissing, crying tears of blood, and holding each other.

The music video has also gained praise for featuring only people of color as the models.

So what does the future hold for Malik? Fans can keep their eyes out for his new album coming out March 25th. In the meantime, you can watch the Pillow Talk music video here.

Savanna Tavakoli is a 21-year-old journalism student at Boston University. Savanna plans to use journalism as a platform for educating the public about everything from current political issues to which celebrities just tied the knot. Her interests include pop culture, female empowerment, advocating for gender and sexual equality, red lipstick, m&m cookies, and binge-watching Netflix in her free time.
Giana Grimaldi is the Integrated Marketing Director at Her Campus Media, overseeing client services and campaign execution for leading national brands across the company’s digital, experiential and community platforms. Prior to joining Her Campus Media, Giana assisted with the development and implementation of several PR campaigns in the energy, financial services and nonprofit sectors as an Account Coordinator on the Public Relations team at Rasky Partners. Giana attended Boston University, where she studied Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and was also a chapter president of Her Campus at BU. Giana loves all things music, social media, food, and reality TV. When she's not at work, you can find her at the gym, watching Netflix, making the perfect Spotify playlist, or spending hours scrolling through TikTok videos. Follow her on Instagram @_gianamaria.