Winter Coat Guide for Every Kind of Procrastinators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s cold. You know it as well as I do. The primary problem with winter is the frigid wind or the wet rain/snow/hail/why is it never dry?!. Additionally, you want to look cute, but the need for multiple layers restrict any real style. Not anymore. So, while it may be already uncomfortably chilly, it’s not too late! This is the guide to the types of coats that not only will keep you warm, but also will get your lecture crush’s attention all semester long.

For the classy: the trench coat

You may have to do some searching for an appropriately thick one, but these coats are classic and easy to wear in any temperature – which is definitely necessary with this multi-polar New England weather.

For the cool: the leather aviator

The coolest jacket around that is also so warm, a leather aviator jacket is a must if those sweats you’ve been throwing on to stay warm are holding your laid-back style back.

For the classic: the parka

A staple for most New England girls, the parka is classic, warm and matches everything.

For the active: the lined raincoat

There’s some with padded lining, some with furry lining, but lined raincoats are fantastic if it’s cold rain and you don’t want to deal with an umbrella or you’re going out and adventuring/

For everyone, always: the down coat

It’s the only thing that will truly beat the winter cold, a down coat. While the others are better for in-between weather, when the weather drops below 20 degrees, this coat will be your hero.

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis