Why You Should See Captain America

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Warning: Read at your own risk.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the second movie in what will be the Captain America trilogy, released a little more than two weeks ago on April 4th . If you haven’t already watched it, you’re definitely missing out. Here are a few reasons why you should watch it (again, if you’ve watched it once) ASAP.

First of all, what collegiate wants to miss out on the return of all-American hero Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans? In addition to being in the first Captain America movie, Evans has starred in movies such as The Avengers (as Steve Rogers, coincidentally), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Fantastic 4.

Second, let’s take a moment to dedicate this week’s “Woman Crush Wednesday” (#wcw) to the Black Widow, otherwise known as Natasha Romanoff. Romanoff is played by none other than bombshell Scarlett Johansson, who has previously starred in Don Jon, the Avengers (similar to co-star Evans), and He’s Just Not That Into You. The on-screen chemistry between her character and Evans’ character is incredible. To find out if Captain America and Black Widow take their relationship to the next level, you’ll just have to watch the movie.

Third, for a sequel, this movie has it all – romance, adventure, action, and plot twists. In true Marvel fashion, viewers are hit with a plot twist at the least expected moment in the movie. For those of you collegiates who are fans of Marvel movies, you’ll definitely want to see this one for the major plot twist.

This leads to my next point: post-credit scenes! As a heads up, the producers of the movie kindly gave us not one, but two post-credit scenes so I would advise sitting through all the credits just to make sure you don’t miss anything. One of the scenes takes place in the middle of the credits, while the other one takes place at the end of the credits. These scenes are key in getting a preview of next Avengers movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron.

If you are still not convinced, let your fellow audiences around the world try. Captain America: The Winter Soldier has dominated the box office for three weekends in a row, making more than $90 million during its debut weekend. It set the record for biggest domestic release in April ever, if that helps put things into perspective.

I highly encourage you to take a best friend or a date and head to Regal Fenway ASAP.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.