Who Said Insomnia was a Bad Thing?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ladies, get your sweatpants: Insomnia Cookies has (finally) arrived.

For those of you who, like me, have been jealous of friends on other college campuses with an Insomnia branch for years, you’ll be happy to know that the company opened its first Boston University location on September 3 at 708 Commonwealth Avenue.

For those of you who haven’t heard of Insomnia Cookies, it’s basically every girl’s dream  – a bakery that delivers freshly baked cookies, milk and ice cream right to your door – until 3 a.m.!

I tested it out this past Thursday night – I mean how could I not, right? I was happily surprised by the size of the menu. Insomnia offers classic favorites like chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin, but also gets fancy with chocolate mint chip and the Jumbo Deluxe Cookies, which come in flavors like triple chocolate.

The menu changes regularly based on what’s freshly available, but take it from me – any cookie from Insomnia will be delicious.

Insomnia also serves milk, pints of ice cream, cookies and brownies a la mode, and cookie/ice cream sandwiches. Oh, it’s your friend’s birthday and you completely forgot until just now and CRAP there’s no time to bake a cake? Insomnia delivers cookie cakes, as well as deals like “The Major Rager” – 18 assorted cookies of your choice for $20.

The only thing left is, of course, the delivery range. While you can stop into  Insomnia on Comm Ave and order whatever you’d like right there, the delivery range is limited – much more so than the Harvard Square location. However, it was designed to reach off-campus housing too, so there’s a good chance you’re in the loop. I live behind Fenway Park, a good ten minutes from Kenmore, and they still delivered to me!

Insomnia is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m., so next time you’re having a lazy girls’ night or a late-night cram sesh, do the healthy thing (for your sanity) and order Insomnia. I promise you won’t be disappointed.