What Not To Do On Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

1.Selfies:

So you agree? You think you’re really pretty?

2.Liking your own photo:

I get it, you need one more ‘like’ to hit eleven. But you’re better than that, man.

3.Photoshop:

Redefining the term skinny arm by erasing half of it on Photoshop before uploading.

4.A revealing photo with a deep and irrelevant caption:

Not sure what a meaningful quote about love and trust has to do with your boobs in my face, but to each her own.

5.Any caption that includes the word “bae”:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

6.PDA:

We get it, you have the best boyfriend ever, you guys enjoy doing couple-y things, like having strangers take pictures of you kissing in front of a pumpkin patch. Vommm.

7.Commenting “LIKE 4 LIKE” on people’s pictures:

If you do this you are beyond annoying, you will be unfollowed by everyone, and I think you are confused about the purpose of Instagram.

8.Posting multiple pictures in a row:

Whoa, dude, you party?

9.Deleting a picture because you only get 5 likes and then reposting at a “better” time the next day:

You need to keep the photo up and deal with the consequences of your actions. Even if it is incredibly embarrassing. #praying4u.

10.Writing #NoMakeup #NoFilter:

This one is great because it is usually used by someone who has on tons of foundation and the filter Valencia. Real eyes realize real lies.

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis