A Week of Fall & Winter Lip Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fall is underway and winter is quickly approaching… and I’m sure you’ve noticed the temperature has dropped massively in the past few weeks! But what does a change in weather have to do with lipstick you ask? As it gets colder outside and the scenery starts looking bleaker, it’s nice to have a warm pop of color to brighten your spirits. If that isn’t your style and you love winter, it’s a great way to celebrate the coziest season!

Monday: Casual

Ugh, it’s Monday. The weekend is over and you’re back to sitting through seemingly endless classes until Friday rolls around again. Start your week off right by keeping it casual with a nude lip. Try the Nudestix Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil for the ultimate deeper nude, perfect for a crisp fall morning.

Photo Credit: The Kelshay Shop

Tuesday: Classic

It’s official! You’re almost halfway through the week! Almost. Get yourself pumped for everything to come by trying a fundamental fall and winter lip shade.  The deep burgundy tone is a classic for this time of year and the Lip Cloud in Vintage Rosewood from EM Cosmetics has the perfect creamy formulation to keep your lips from getting too chapped, because who wants that?

Photo Credit: EM Cosmetics

Wednesday: Bold

The week is halfway over! Celebrate by pairing your killer outfit with a bold, red lip. The pop of color will boost your confidence and get you ready to take on the rest of the week. For the perfect blue-based red, try the infamous Russian Red by MAC. It’s just the right shade for the perfect daytime look.

Photo Credit: Temptalia

Thursday: Vampy

The school week is almost finished and it’s time to pull out all the stops. Take a hint from the influential Youtuber/blogger Zoella and try the Matte Revolution Lipstick from Charlotte Tilbury in Glastonberry. This deep berry shade is not too red and not too purple, just the perfect combination that can easily transition you from fall into winter.

Photo Credit: Youtube

Friday: Glam

You’ve made it! It’s officially the end of the week, classes are almost over, and you probably have big plans tonight. Transition your makeup from day to night with a shimmery, sparkly lip. Try a nude lipstick with the Rose Gold Jouer Lip Topper to keep it casual enough for class but still perfect for a fun night out.

Photo Credit: Jouer Cosmetic

I hope that this article has helped you in some way, whether that be introducing you to new products or encouraging you to get out of your comfort zone! Makeup is great so have fun with it! HCXO!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.