Two Boots, Two Ways: The Versatility of Frye Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Temperatures have dropped here in Boston and HCBU couldn’t be happier. No, we don’t enjoy frozen fingers and chilling winds slapping us in our faces. But there is a silver lining to these colder temps… and it has The Frye Company written all over it!

From booties to lace-ups to riding boots, Frye has it all, and we are loving it all! We’ve found Frye boots to be not only timeless in their design, but also versatile—as in, a must in every collegiette’s wardrobe. So as your Her Campus BU Campus Correspondents, Amy and I are presenting you two styles of Frye boots worn two totally different ways, to show just how easy it is to incorporate Frye into any look.

We consider Frye products to be classics and the Melissa Button in cognac is as classic as it gets! A comfortable riding boot in antique pull up leather, the Melissa is our go-to winter casual and flirty summer boot.

1.  Looking for a cold weather boot to compliment a preppy, everyday look for hanging out or going to class? The Melissa is your girl… your best friend even! Pair this boot with jeans, a blanket scarf and a camel coat when you’re headed to that morning lecture.

“The Melissa is my go to look for class on a winter’s day,” says Amy. “The color looks best when paired with darker jeans.”

2.  Proof that these boots work year-round: There’s definitely room for the Melissa in your summer wardrobe, too! Rock this pair with a pretty printed summer dress, and you have a perfect look for warmer weather.

“You can have fun with the Melissa, pairing it with a floral dress for a summer concert or date. It’s a classic style so it works well with Southern-inspired outfits without being too much of a cowboy boot. Adding a jean jacket and a long necklace will enhance this look,” says Amy.

If the Melissa is what makes us think of classic Frye, the Parker Tall Lace-Up in tan is its edgier counterpart. A shoe that can take you from professional-chic by day to party-girl sassy at night, the Parker is a boot you’ll be dying to have.

1.  Who says you can’t add a little spice to professional attire? Pairing the Parker with a blazer, peplum top and a colored pair of pants is the way to go for a look that can function in a work or internship setting.

Colored pants, like a salmon or olive green, bring out the tan antique leather of the Parker boot. A floral or patterned blazer definitely adds a sweet compliment to the sassy Parker, making this ensemble far from dull professional attire.

2.  Don’t think for even a second that the Parker is a one-hit wonder. Swap the blazer and pants for a dress or skirt and the Parker can easily transition into an edgy nightlife boot ready for the club or bar scene.

The full lace-up and 3 ¼” heel is what makes the Parker a great shoe for a night out on the town. The laces give the boot total rockstar status! Plus, they’re super comfortable for walking (or dancing!). I’ve even worn these to class, as the heel isn’t too high to become uncomfortable while strutting our Comm Ave catwalk.

Whether it’s the classic Melissa or the sexy Parker, there’s a boot for all collegiates at Frye (you can take our word for it!). The Frye Company has given us a reason to not only get from point A to B in style, but to strut the entire way! So be sure to pay their store or website a visit if you’re in need of a quality shoe with plenty of year-round versatility. Meanwhile, Amy and I will be spending our evenings planning our next, new looks to try with these beauties!

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis