Trying to Get Homework Done as Told by Modern Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Its Sunday afternoon and you finally decide to do your homework. You go into it with an optimistic attitude:

But you quickly realize that you can’t concentrate:

And would rather be doing anything else:

You’ve been at the library for two hours and you’ve still barely accomplished anything:

You procrastinate by creeping on everyone you know on every form of social media:

So you convince yourself that you need a change of scenery and that you’ll be more productive back at your apartment with your noisy friends:

You start getting mad at your professors for assigning the work in the first place:

And then all of a sudden its 11PM and you’re still staring at a blank Word document:

Your roommates are all watching Netflix in their beds and you’re just sitting there like:

Finally you give up:

And you put it off until tomorrow—when it will happen all over again:

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis