Top Ten Boston-Based Instagram Accounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s undeniable that Instagram has become one of the most popular social media outlets available today. We love to share pictures of our day-to-day lives, as well as following the daily lives of our friends and favorite celebrities. With Instagram, any one can feel like they are a professional photographer. 

Here are our top 10 Boston-based accounts from bloggers, food trucks and sports teams alike. Be sure to follow for added local inspiration! 

1.@BostonTweet

Tom O’Keefe easily has the best job in Boston: he tweets about everything and anything going on in the Boston! His Instagram does this task though pictures, so follow to see what Tom is up to in the Hub!

2. @NHLBruins

As the official Instagram account of our city’s beloved hockey team, the Boston Bruins, be sure to follow this account for your daily dose of hunky hockey players. Get an inside look at the TD Garden, NHL locker room, and see how the players give back to the Boston community. 

3. @MFABoston

Calling all art history buffs! The Museum of Fine Arts Instagram account posts pictures from its events and upcoming exhibits, as well as “regraming” the exemplary pictures museum-goers take while visiting the MFA. 

4. @RoxysGrilledCheese

Boston’s coveted food truck, Roxy’s Grilled Cheese, loves to upload behind-the-scenes sneak peaks of what it’s grilling up on this restaurant on wheels! Warning: these pictures will definitely give you serious grilled cheese cravings! 

5. @NotifyBoston

As the Instagram account of our beloved Mayor Menino, give him a follow for his last few months left in office. Get a peak of what goes on at City Hall and what it takes to be the mayor of Boston. 

6. @EmilyShell

Emily is the adorable face behind Shell Chic’d, a preppy Boston-based fashion and lifestyle blog. Follow her Instagram for fashion inspiration, cooking ideas, and restaurant tips from around our city. 

7.@WTBU

For all concert-goers and devoted music fans, this is an Instagram that is sure to sing to your heart! BU’s very own radio station, WTBU, posts awesome pictures of their studio, as well as local bands’ concerts. What better way to stay updated on the Boston music scene? 

8.@TheBostonTerrier

This account truly unique. It simply posts photographs of places around all of Boston’s cherished neighborhoods. The photographer remains a secret, but that is all a part of the hidden magic and allure behind this Boston-based account. 

9.@BUDiningService

BU’s favorite social media wizards are on Instagram, too! Follow BU Dining to see what it’s cooking up in the dining halls around campus and for sneak peaks on upcoming themed dinners. 

10. @HerCampus

We couldn’t leave this Instagram countdown without a little humble bragging–The Her Campus headquarters is located right in BU’s backyard, so follow this account for the Instagram musings of our national team! This account features posts about our Boston’s Her Campus chapters, as well as other chapters from across the U.S.! 

What is your favorite Boston Instagram account to follow? Share in the comments section below! 

Devoted fan of ballet flats, "Breakfast at Tiffany’s," Italian desserts and pajama sets. Firm believer that I was Audrey Hepburn in my past life. Journalism sophomore at Boston University. Follow @hrh_victoria on Twitter.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.