This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

You know what they say: new year, new subscription to Netflix. Or new year, same borrowed “fluffy2004” password from your neighbor. Whichever way you choose to view it, Netflix is returning this year with some great originals to stream. Here are six shows you should keep an eye out for!

1. Orange is the New Black

OITNB will be coming back on June 17th, and we can hardly keep ourselves from throwing pie at our TV screens in frustration. The teaser trailer leaves a lot of mystery, but here are two reveals: Taystee got an office job, and Nicky is out of Maximum Security. 

2. Fuller House 

No, this isn’t about Hugh Laurie going on an all mac and cheese diet. Fuller House brings back our childhood memories while reminding us just how old we have truly become. Did I just find a gray hair? 

3. Chelsea Does 

Chelsea Handler does a four part documentary and is her usual charming self, taking it into her own hands to try certain drugs, offend as many cultures as she can, and question the institution of marriage. Bring on the Netflix and chilled vodka!  

4. Cooked

To all the foodies out there, this is a must-see. With just four episodes, Cooked is a Netflix original docu-series that will steal your heart and your stomach on February 19th. It will basically cat call you into the kitchen and empower you to apply for a spot on Master Chef. Can’t wait? Read food writer Pollan’s best-selling book In Defense of Food. 

5. Hannibal Buress: Comedy Camisado

Remember the Broad City character Lincoln Rice? Yas? Well here he is doing stand up, streaming February 5th.  

6. LOVE

On February 19th witness the weirdest kinds of love you’ve ever seen. LOVE explores how humiliating intimacy and commitment can really be by following Gus and Mickey, aka Denis from I Love You Beth Cooper and Britta from Community.

Shannon Stocks is a Junior at Boston University in the Sargent School for Health Sciences, majoring in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. She has always loved to write and focuses this passion on her poetry. In her free time, you can find her at spin class on Newbury Street, working on a project in the community service center, or at the Hillel House. She loves being a part of the Her Campus Team!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.