Top 5 Vegan Restaurants in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For vegans, it’s sometimes daunting to go to a new restaurant and have to worry about the limited selection of food you have to choose from. Well, not to worry, because the five amazing places on this list are not only delicious, but they’re also vegan friendly! 

1. Whole Heart Provisions 

Whole Heart Provisions is the perfect spot for a quick and delicious lunch that also happens to be insanely good for you. This place offers warm bowls and salads, including a make-your-own option where you can customize everything! Whole Heart Provisions is close to BU and is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets, and as a bonus almost everything on the menu is gluten free as well! 

Location: 487 Cambridge St, Allston, MA 02134 

2. by CHLOE. 

The buzz around by CHLOE. has been crazy as its Boston location only recently opened its doors. While it is a little further from BU, the delicious vegan burgers, ice cream, smoothies, and even macaroni and cheese are completely worth the trip! So hop on the T and treat yourself to some filling and tasty vegan treats. 

Location: 107 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210 

3. Grasshopper Restaurant 

Grasshopper describes itself as a casual vegan and vegetarian Asian restaurant, and it offers amazing meat and seafood substitutes, as well as incredibly good vegan desserts! Plus, this place is also super close to campus! It’s a win-win, really. 

Location: 1 N Beacon St, Allston, MA 02134 

4. FoMu 

FoMu is known for always delivering delicious desserts that are always made fresh in-house. They offer plant-based ice cream, baked goods & coffee that are all completely vegan! The flavors are seasonal, along with some classic favorites, so every visit is a new surprise. Plus, it’s only a few doors down from Whole Heart Provisions so you can go for dinner and dessert all in one stop. 

Location: 481 Cambridge St, Allston, MA 02134 

5. VO2 Vegan Cafe 

This cute cafe has a powerful goal: to change the way people see vegan foods. They offer vegan versions of classic favorites for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and do so while maintaining a message of community and environmental friendliness. VO2 is across the river by Harvard, so while you’re there you can check out the cute shops in Harvard Square as well! 

Location: 1001 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138 

Whether you’re vegan or not, there’s no denying that these five restaurants look absolutely delicious. All of them are definitely worth a try, so let us know which place is your favorite!

Julia Novello is a Film and Television major at Boston University, with a minor in Political Science. Her interests include writing, pop culture, binge watching Friends, politics, travelling, and everything to do with Tom Brady. She is a native of Boston, MA.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.