Top 5 Halloween Cocktail/Mocktail Recipes 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

After thorough research by way of scrolling through countless Pinterest pages and blogs, I bring you the best (and easy to make) Halloween Cocktails you’ve ever laid your eyes on. These cocktails, or Mocktails, (your choice!) are bound to hype up any Halloween soiree or festivities you have planned! The best part is that they can all be made with 5 ingredients or less and can even be made, if you’re efficient enough, in 5 minutes or less!

Lime Jello Witch Brew 

Photo and recipe credit: POPSUGAR

Serving size: 6 drinks 

Ingredients:

6oz lime jello 

1/2 cup pineapple juice chilled 

1 cup vodka chilled 

16 oz lemon-lime soda (Sprite) chilled 

Instructions 

1. Follow lime Jello package instructions. When ready, mush the Jello up with a fork or blend it so you could later drink it up with a straw! Place the mushed Jello into a large pitcher of a size of about 1 liter or larger. 
  2. Add pineapple juice and vodka to the pitcher
  3. Stir 
  4. When ready to serve, add Sprite 

Why should you make this drink? Well, magic happens when you mix Jello and carbonated soda — the fizz is intensified, making the drink very eye-catching for Halloween guests. The bubbles in the soda also animate the Jello, making the drink appear as if it’s moving. On top of that, you can color this drink with whatever Jello you choose, be it purple, orange, or green. Which creepy color will you choose? On another note, I’d recommend checking out Micheal’s or Amazon for “chemistry set glasses” or “potion bottles” if you want to make your drink that more extravagant. 

Monster Guts Punch 

Photo and recipe credit: Porch.com and Giggles Galore

Serving size: 12-24 drinks

Ingredients:

1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet 

2-liter bottle of 7UP or Sprite 

64-oz Fruit Punch 

Instructions 

1. Put a small scoop of raspberry sherbet in the bottom of each glass 
  2. Fill half the glass with fruit punch and before serving, fill the other half with 7UP 
  3. Stir 
  4. If you want, place a gummy worm so that it hangs from the side of the cup  

Why should you make this drink? This bubbly concoction is perfect to make your Halloween party even creepier. The best part is that you can “mix your poison” however you’d like! Let’s say you don’t like raspberry sherbet — go for strawberry. Again, you can find mini science beakers at Micheal’s or Amazon. 

Bloody Shirley Temples 

Photo and recipe credit: This Grandma Is Fun

Ingredients 

• Sprite 
  • Ice 
  • Grenadine 
  • Syringes 
  • Optional Eddy Cranberry Vodka 

Instructions 

• Pour sprite over ice 
  • Place grenadine (and optional vodka) in the syringe 
  • Place the vodka/grenadine-filled strings into the sprite and serve 

Why should you make this drink? Well, why wouldn’t you want to make this drink? These syringes will literally shoot the fun into your Halloween party. You could even fill the syringes with red Jello and vodka instead of the grenadine and vodka. Either would taste incredible and spice up the night. 

Candy Corn Mocktail

Photo and recipe credit: Real Momma 

Ingredients 

• Orange soda 
  • Yellow Gatorade 
  • Mountain Dew white out 
  • Ice 
  • Candy corn 

Instructions 

• In a glass full of ice, fill half with orange soda 
  • Pour yellow Gatorade until liquid is 1 inch from the top 
  • Pour mountain dew just before liquid reaches the rim 
  • Garnish the top with candy corn 

Why should you make this drink? This will serve your sweet tooth and look aesthetically pleasing all in one. Optional vodka could be added to this drink too! Plus, no candy says Halloween more than candy corn!

Boo-nilla Milkshakes 

Photo and recipe credit: Lil’ Luna 

Serving size: 3-4 drinks

Ingredients 

• 4 c. vanilla bean ice cream 
  • 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 c. whole milk (or skim if you’re healthy like that) 
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract 
  • Whip cream 

Instructions 

• In a blender combine the ice-cream, milk and vanilla extract
  • Pour into cups 
  • Swirl whip cream on top 

Why should you make this drink? It’s painstakingly cute. For the eyes of the ghost, you can either place two mints with black-frosted dots in the center of the whipped cream or simply draw eyes and a mouth straight onto the cup with a sharpie. Again, a couple shots of vodka are optional. If you want to get extra creative you can dip the rim in sprinkles too! 

Hope you enjoyed this fine selection of Halloween Cocktails and have the happiest Halloween! 

ielwaw@bu.edu
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.