Top 5 Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If eating ice cream can be considered a pastime, then it is one of my favorites. I know I’m not the only person who loves ice cream, but if I didn’t have ice cream for the rest of my life, I would probably have several severe meltdowns. I usually have a pint of ice cream a week. I know that sounds so unhealthy, but that’s because it is. Ice cream is so delicious, and over the years I have learned and loved so many different flavors. In my hometown, there are multiple ice cream shops, but when I’m at school or away on vacation without access to those hometown flavors, I look to good ole’ Ben & Jerry’s to cheer up my taste buds. Here are my top five favorite flavors.

1. Chocolate Fudge Brownie

If you’re a chocolate lover like me, the Chocolate Fudge Brownie is at the top of your ice cream list. There is nothing better than eating a pint of chocolate ice cream with pieces of brownie in it. The brownies melt away in your mouth and compliment the ice cream ever so perfectly. The delicious taste leaves us wanting more, and to keep eating it all day.

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Chocolate chip cookie dough is a staple of Ben & Jerry’s. It’s all the pleasure of eating cold raw cookie dough without being fearful of getting salmonella. If you’re a cookie lover or have a love for the taste of perfection, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the ice cream for you.

3. Chocolate Therapy

If finals got you down or you recently broke up with your boyfriend or girlfriend, chocolate therapy is what you need. The chocolate ice cream and chocolate pudding mix can cure any broken heart; therapy is right there in the name. 

4. Peanut Butter Fudge Core

If you like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, then you’ll love Peanut Butter Fudge Core. This blend of chocolate ice cream with Reese’s cups and a peanut butter core will melt your taste buds. This decadent pint is best for fun nights with your friends to share. The sweetness of this flavor is so delicious you’ll want to share it with everyone, or maybe keep it all for yourself.

5. Half-Baked

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like either chocolate chip cookies or brownies, so I’m assuming every sane person would love to eat half-baked. The combination of chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownie makes for one tasty ice cream flavor. To add some more flavor to the ice cream, Ben & Jerry’s created the pint with a chocolate-vanilla swirl. The pint contains the best types of ice creams with the best kind of desserts, it’s a no-brainer. 

Although all of these flavors have chocolate in them, they have become the staple of my late night snacks. Ben & Jerry’s is constantly coming out with new and tastier flavors. I’m eager to see if they come out with a non-chocolate flavor that will capture my taste buds’ attention and change the way I view my favorite ice creams.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

I am a senior studying broadcast journalism at Boston University
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.