Top 4 Reasons Why You Should Love Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The year is quickly coming to an end and winter has taken over. December is only a couple of days away which means holiday after holiday after holiday! We are officially in the winter session grind and sometimes it’s just better to be in the winter than the summer. I know that winter can be annoying and a hassle to get out of bed and leave the house, but winter is just as amazing as the summer. Here are my top 4 reasons why you should fall in love with winter if you aren’t already!

1.     Our favorite hot holiday drink!

Nothing is better than holding and drinking a hot cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate on a freezing cold day.  Of course the famous Starbuck’s red seasonal cups are in for the winter and sometimes just a red cup can make you feel a little bit happier. Winter calls for a day in, whether it’s with your friends, family, significant other, or by yourself. It’s a time to just snuggle around the fire place, all toasty and warm with a nice big cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows and whipped cream!  Winter just wouldn’t be complete without a seasonal drink!

2.     Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Summer has the sun, Winter has the snow! What makes winter so amazing is definitely that there is snow! Snow calls for building snowmen, snow ball fights, snow angles, skiing, tubing, snowboarding, and the possibility of canceled classes! Snow is so beautiful especially the morning after a good snowfall leaving everything covered. 

3.     The Holidays!

Thanksgiving. Christmas. Hanukah. New Years. Winter isn’t complete without the holiday spirit. Winter is definitely a fantastic season because while the literal outside temperature may be below freezing, it is the most reliable season to warm people’s hearts. Winter comes along with many, many holidays, which mean lots of presents, food, decorations, and love! And for us college students, this means winter break!!! Not to mention this is the only time that holiday music is actually approtiate!

4.     Cute winter clothes and accessories

You can’t wear that cute outfit with the sweater dress, knee high socks and boots in the summer. Only winter is appropriate for this look! The best part about winter is actually dressing up. It’s hard to believe because getting up every morning from your cozy bed is very hard and the last thing you want to do is strip and take off your pajamas. Winter calls for mittens, hats, scarves, fuzzy socks, boots, sweaters, and layers and layers! Dressing up for winter is fun because you get to wear more articles of clothing.

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis