Throw a Wicked Super Bowl Party!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you’re in the New England area, you know that this year’s super bowl is going to be intense! Super bowl XLIX: Patriots vs Seahawks! For all you Patriots fans, or if you just want to throw the best party in the New England area, here’s a list of how to achieve it!

Invite friends and family

The more the merrier! But don’t invite the party poopers – those that hate football or those you know will bring the vibe down. With social media and the texting world, it’s easy to invite people!

Clean the house

Make sure your valuables are safely stored so they won’t be stolen or broken. Make sure you don’t have any dirty laundry or dishes lying around. This is an opportunity to show off your amazing house or living situation.

Decorate the house with the team you’re supporting

It won’t be a super bowl party if you don’t have the decorations to go with it! But be considerate if you invite those that are supporting the other team!

Buy food

The super bowl wouldn’t be complete without the food and snacks! Pick up some family sized chips and dip and all sorts of finger foods. If you could, get some barbequed food or if you can barbeque yourself, that would be wonderful. Go all out and get some decorated food, like a football cake.

Have Beverages!  

Include alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks! If you are 21 or older, have a drinking game going on. Don’t cheap out on the beer, buy good beer!

Have a good TV

The point of this party is to watch the game! So if you have a big flat screen, use that baby! If you have two TV’s that would be even better so you could have one TV for the hard core football fan and one for the people that are there for socializing.

Be prepared to clean up

Throwing a wild party comes with consequences! Have friends that will stay and help you clean up! Make things easier for yourself if you prepare ahead of time, such as having a ton of garbage bags or trash cans around. Use disposable plates and utensil. Use throw away tablecloths!

What’s important though, is to have fun and be safe! And know that the Patriots will win!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.