Thoughts You Have at the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Alriiight, here we go. I am ready to have an amazing workout.

Wow, there’s a lot more people here than I expected.

Yeah, no, random sweaty guy, I definitely wasn’t planning on getting on that machine before you so kindly cut me off.

Ok, I’m on the treadmill, I’ve got my hot new playlist all lined up, and I’m set to run.

I appear to be running at a much slower pace than the person next to me, I can go faster.

Nope. I can’t.

Is this pain in my chest normal? It’s just my body getting warmed up. It should pass soon. Right?

These boobs are really becoming an issue.

Here we go, in my groove and hitting my stride.

Ugh I love this song.

Let’s just check the distance I’ve gone. I feel like I could do this all day.

Not even a mile? That can’t be right.

O crap that guy from my stats class who looks like a Greek god is here. Please do not get on a machine anywhere near me.

Andddd now you’re right next to me. Great.

Play it cool, play it cool. What’s that noise? It sounds like a cow slowing dying.

It’s me. I’m the dying cow.

Thirty minutes is a respectable amount of time on the treadmill. I’ll do a cool down and go do some core.

Thank God I didn’t want to have any personal space while I stretched and did abs.

I wonder what it’s like to be flexible. I should start doing yoga.

Workouts on Nike Fit make me feel like a professional athlete.

Love the burn, love the burn.

Wait, what? People can’t actually do that.

Shut up robot lady, you do mountain climbers for another 30 seconds.

Half way there.

Do guys know how annoying all their grunting is? Like damn, if it’s that hard to lift maybe you shouldn’t be lifting it.

Yes, THROW the weight on the floor when you’re done because that is the correct gym protocol.

I kinda hate the person who invented planking.

I think I’ll pass on the push-ups, robot lady.

Phew. Made it through. How do I not have a six-pack now?

Hey! I see you not wiping down your mat, sir. That is disgusting.

I will now dramatically wipe down my mat to make you feel guilty.

Which cubby did I leave my bag in? O God, someone stole it.

Wait, there it is. False alarm.

Wow, I feel so good now. Elle Woods was right about the whole exercise and endorphins thing.

This feeling makes me want to be a healthier person. I should start eating better. I think I will.

Except my roommate just suggested Domino’s for dinner.

I should probably go to the gym tomorrow.

Maybe.

Charlotte is currently a sophomore at Boston University studying Political Science and History, but hopes to one day rule the world. In her free time she enjoys eating food with melted cheese, going antiquing, and serenading her dog with Usher’s greatest hits.
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis