This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fishnet tights can seem daunting. They tend to be considered overly sexy or super goth, but they can easily be styled for a more casual day look!

Add interest to an all-black outfit.

There’s no easier fall outfit than throwing on a black dress with some black boots. Those are closet staples everyone has (or should!) Fishnets add some dimension to an otherwise static outfit.

Just go grunge.

Listening to a lot of Green Day and Nirvana and feeling the urge to shrug on a flannel and band tee? Go all out and add some fishnet tights under a pair of denim combats. And don’t forget your docs!

Soft(er) grunge.

If the previous outfit felt too costume-y to you, channel tumblr’s soft grunge look. A darker color palette of denim and grey look great with fishnets – just edgy enough without being too much.

Fishnets as a layering piece.

The all-over pattern of fishnets can seem overwhelming, but they aren’t as distracting as you would think. Don’t be afraid to layer fishnets under a patterned dress; just see how well they work here!

Add some edge to any outfit!

Fishnets add the perfect amount of edge to any outfit. Elevate a typically preppy cableknit sweater with a dark skirt and tights. Help transition a summery floral dress into fall with chunky boots and fishnets.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.