This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

At first, they send out the practice assignment. BEFORE THE CLASS HAS EVEN STARTED. You panic a little bit, and then realize that you have all summer. So you proceed to procrastinate until the last week get it done early. 

Then you look at it, and it doesn’t seem as excruciating as people say it is. Come up with five new product ideas that don’t already exist? No problem.

…..Oh wait. If it’s worth having, it’s ALREADY BEEN INVENTED.

Then on the first day of class, you get your team. The professors’ process of picking seems well thought out and makes tons of sense. Because picking people at random and throwing them together usually works really well.

But then, you’re pretty excited to get to work. After some drinking team bonding, you think you may even like these people. You realize that you’ll need to if you’re going to get through the insane calendar on SMG Tools.

Then the stress will set in. And you’re not sure anymore. And your non-SMG friends will try to give you team advice, which you’ll highly value and appreciate since these people have worked on roughly two group projects since coming to college. 

The final week, you’ll all just go crazy. It will be 12 hours meetings, ordering take out, and keeping each other from killing those kids who won’t shut up in the study lounge. The teammate who brings coffee will automatically become the favorite, and even the task master will let go of their carefully planned schedule in order to keep the quality of work up.

Then it looks like you might actually finish it a few hours early. The day it’s due, you’re all be working frantically to get it done, and you’ll have even give yourself the allotted one day to format and do the busy work. Plenty of time to meet this deadline, and maybe toss back a few go to bed early.

But then you realize that there’s SO MUCH you still have to do. Like, why do we need a summary? You’re going to read it anyways! Then you start formatting the exhibits. Umm… are you sure these tables need to be readable? 

Then you finally get it to the printers by midnight by having that kid with a bike run it across campus in the dead of night (but not dead. Every single core student at BU is in Kinkos at this exact moment) to meet the teammates you already sent to hold a spot in line. 

But then you find out it was formatted wrong. How does that even happen? Back to the drawing board. At 3 AM. So you stay up all night trying to fix the damn thing and FINALLY get it to the printers again. 

Then you go pick it up the next day, and finally turn it in. You pray to the gods, thankful for your team and the effort you all put into the project as well as the commitment you’ve all made to getting it done. It looks so beautiful; you’ll have to restrain yourself from making a small shrine to it. Which you won’t, because that would be creepy.

Then you’re done, and so proud, and you can’t wait to go home. But then you realize that you still have to do a presentation and take exams. 

NOOOOO. 

Quinn Rodriguez is a junior at Boston University in the School of Management. Coming from beautiful Los Angeles, she deals with the Boston Winters, but loves spring more. Serving as the PR Chair for her fraternity Delta Kappa Alpha is pretty much her favorite thing ever, right next to red lipstick and people watching. Check her out at: http://quinnrodriguezonline.wordpress.com 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.