This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

After a sudden April snow shower, it is safe to say that spring is here for good. With the transition of seasons, your skin will change, and you will need to adjust steps in your getting ready routine. Here are a few suggestions to make your makeup last throughout the warmer spring weather.

Prime Time

After using your favorite moisturizer, lightly apply a primer to your t-zone (center of forehead, nose, inner cheeks and chin) to ensure your makeup stays in place throughout the duration of your spring festivities. Check out Make Up Forever’s revamped line of face primers for targeted skin types.

Embrace your Brows

Instead of wasting time and money on brow pomades, pencils, and powders, opt for a tinted brow gel for a more natural look that has been wildly popular. This look allows you to love your natural brow shape and lets you get lazy with tweezing because natural shapes and stray hairs have been spotted amongst the most beloved brows, like Lily Collins and Taylor Hill. This brow gel, by Korean makeup brand Chosungah 22, can be found at Sephora and it has a uniquely shaped brush to help you fill in your sparse areas.

Warm-Toned Eyes

The warmth of the weather translates to trends for eye shadow. Reach for shades of bronze, peach, gold and cranberry rather than silvers, purples and grays. This will help brighten your entire face and bring out a youthful glow. Prime your eyes, sweep a warm color over your eyelid and blend it out, and take a darker tone on your upper and lower lash line for a natural look.

Bring Attention to your Eyes with Mascara

Use a sweat-proof or waterproof formula (my favorite is Benefit’s Roller Lash) to accentuate your upper lashes. For the spring, skip the lower lashes because they can leave you with a weird shadow that can make your dark circles appear larger and more exaggerated than reality. If you have eye shadow or other product in your lower lashes, take a clean spoolie brush and comb through them.

I am an Atlanta-raised writer living in Boston. I have had a fixation with magazines, pop culture and styling my whole life.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.