Redbubble – It’s More Than Just a Sticker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

While looking around any college campus, you’re bound to see a number of students partnered with a laptop. Laptops are no longer just a necessary part of school supplies. They are also a way to show off your personality to the world.

If I just take a quick glance at CAS sophomore, Isabel Torres’ laptop, I can see that she likes Insomnia cookies, she attends Boston University, and she’s part Greek, part Mexican. And folks, I learned all of that simply by looking at the back of her laptop! With other students on my campus, I can gather their major, their interests, the extracurricular they are involved in, and the type of humor they have all by studying their laptop. Personally, in the case of my laptop, I pay most of my attention to how I arrange my stickers. Of course, the stickers must represent a key trait of my personality. So, without further ado, I’d like to explain the significance behind a few of my stickers.

1. The Birkenstocks.

I’m not from Europe, but I like to pretend I am, so wearing these on the daily summertime grind somewhat makes me feel like I’m walking the streets of Italy again. I mean, I did purchase them while visiting Europe, so I think it’s the thought that counts.

2. The Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee.

To be quite honest, I do not think this needs too much of an explanation or detailed analysis, but to put it shortly, I’m from New England. So, running on Dunkin’ is not an understatement in the least.

3. “Babette ate oatmeal.”

If you’re reading this article, I really hope you’re a fan of Gilmore Girls! This quote is from none other than Kirk himself, and speaks volumes to my entire being.

4. The black paw prints.

This one couldn’t be more simple. I love dogs, and my school’s mascot is a dog. Therefore, I chose to go to Boston University because…dogs. Okay, maybe not just because of the terriers, but I think you get the gist.

5. The New York City skyline.

I mean, seriously, at this point, I just embrace my basicness, so why not flaunt it with a sticker every other person on the planet has? And why not share that NYC is my dream home and I see myself as a journalist there in the next five years? Like Hillary Duff always says, “Why not? Take a crazy chance!”

6. Hydrate! 

Last, but most definitely not least – the water bottle with the phrase “Hydrate!” underneath it. As someone who loves going to the gym and staying active, I’m constantly drinking water throughout the day. Hydration nation is key, am I right ladies? And having this sticker on the back of my laptop is a fantastic reminder for myself to keep chugging the H2O as the day goes on.

Basically, Redbubble stickers are life. And life is essentially full of Redbubble stickers. Come on, where would our generation be if we weren’t allowed to show off our true colors on the back of a silver MacBook? Nowhere, that’s where!

Hello everyone! My name is Athena Abdien and I am sophomore writing for HerCampus at Boston University studying political science. I love the city of Boston and all that it has to offer, and I thoroughly enjoy using the accessible resources surrounding me day-by-day that benefit not only my skills as an academic, but also as a professional seeking a career conjoining politics, the general humanities, and journalism.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.